(Original post by CAB18022)
Despite Christianity being the most persecuted minorities in the world
[citation needed]
searching123job
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
That’s part of the problem. You don’t care, you’re just drowning and so involved and immersed in your day-to-day affairs. Not enough time is taken to learn, question, explore, reflect and ponder

(Original post by Drewski)
Incorrect.

Apathetic agnostic. I don't know, and I don't care.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by searching123job)
That’s part of the problem. You don’t care, you’re just drowning and so involved and immersed in your day-to-day affairs. Not enough time is taken to learn, question, explore, reflect and ponder
That is what the rest of us call life, and when those who think there must be more to it seek to impose superstitions and superstition-driven practices on us we don't like it. Preach not. Go away and ponder in private or with your fellow travellers.
searching123job
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Drewski)
You're either a troll and therefore an idiot, or actually an idiot and therefore an idiot.
Oops, forgot to add: it was clearly sarcasm. I cannot believe anyone with an ounce of knowledge will take that guy’s responses seriously.

He’s the type of geezer to harp on about jizya, wars and the likes, with no understanding, no awareness of fundamentals, no context, all of which he has swallowed whole from anti-Islam websites. It is comical.
z-hog
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
You may say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.
Full marks for honesty!
searching123job
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
That is not life. That’s called shutting yourself away. No, I am here to stay.
(Original post by Good bloke)
That is what the rest of us call life, and when those who think there must be more to it seek to impose superstitions and superstition-driven practices on us we don't like it. Preach not. Go away and ponder in private or with your fellow travellers.
Right up the bum
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Western culture is lost.
searching123job
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
A culture of depravity, heedlessness and hedonism, chasing and fulfilling every want, need and desire.
(Original post by Right up the bum)
Western culture is lost.
Deggs_14
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Good. In our western world, religion should not play an important societal role as it did 200 years ago.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
A culture of depravity, heedlessness and hedonism, chasing and fulfilling every want, need and desire.
You, presumably, live in a rather more illiberal culture dominated by superstitous beliefs, that hampers your development, safety, health, wealth and happiness.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Because only Islam can bring true happiness.
How did you jump from 'Western materialism makes us unhappy' to 'only Islam can make us happy'?

Any data on non-Islamic, non-Western countries' happiness?
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Happiest countries in the world are not Islamic.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Anecdotal evidence tells us that people in Syria, Yemen, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan, together with the women in Saudi Arabia, are less than ecstatic. The religion of submission has proven not to be a religion of either peace or happiness.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
. Religious organisations are going to have to work on figuring out where they are going wrong or risk becoming increasingly irrelevant.
They've been irrelevant to most thinking people for about 100 years, but most especially since the two world wars.

The real question is what on earth to do with all the churches? The ones in towns can be converted into offices, restaurants, etc, but there are loads of historically interesting and valuable churches and cathedrals all over the country that increasingly have no parishioner funds coming into them (and even less in the future) and either the government is going to have to step in to preserve them, or they will collapse into decay. That would be sad.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I'm in!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
the beer
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Just like heaven on earth
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
I'm in!
Me too! That guy could sell tickets to the atheist society
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Evidence? I didn't think so. I don't believe you, and even if it were the case, it proves nothing.

Drugs can make people happy too, as can delusion. Does that make them desirable?
Right up the bum
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
How did you jump from 'Western materialism makes us unhappy' to 'only Islam can make us happy'?

Look around you! The suicide rate in Europe is 15.4 %! The Middle East has a rate of 3.9%.

That alone says it all. The west is lost and needs guidance.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
What's the deal on virgins and rivers of wine in (the claimed) Heaven?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads