Pre Sessional - Lboro Postgrad Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm really worried about this pre sessional (6 weeks/course D) that I'm going to start for my masters in Sep.

The university only give you the oportunity to apply for ONE HALL (Telford)! and a catered one. And if you want to live off campus it is almost impossible because the minimum contract for a room is 40-52 weeks.

Omg, such a nice university but unfortunately they dont care about students in pre sessional, because it isnt the main focous of the uni.

I do know that I'm going to enter almost the end of the year for others students that are still on their school year. But come on, give at least a self catered and a catered oportunity for pre sessional students.

This is just an outburst of an international student. I hope some day the university thinks different.
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm really worried about this pre sessional (6 weeks/course D) that I'm going to start for my masters in Sep.

The university only give you the oportunity to apply for ONE HALL (Telford)! and a catered one. And if you want to live off campus it is almost impossible because the minimum contract for a room is 40-52 weeks.

Omg, such a nice university but unfortunately they dont care about students in pre sessional, because it isnt the main focous of the uni.

I do know that I'm going to enter almost the end of the year for others students that are still on their school year. But come on, give at least a self catered and a catered oportunity for pre sessional students.

This is just an outburst of an international student. I hope some day the university thinks different.
Hi Anonymous

Are you saying you want a catered hall? Because Telford is self-catered. If it's self-catered you wanted, then Telford is fine.
Have you been in touch with accommodation centre?
If you would like me to I can get in touch with accommodation and speak to them to get some clarification.
Although I would think it's down to summer refurbishment works, so they'll only offer a self-catered option.

Let me know if you'd like me to speak to accommodation on your behalf if you need anything sorting out.

Vicky
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi! Thank you for your answer.

You are right, Telford is self catered. But for pre sessional students you can only apply for Telford Hall catered and eat your breakfast/lunch/dinner in other halls previously informed.
Unfortunatelly for pre sessional they dont give the option to choose self catered. And I have already contacted the Accomodation Center and they can't change this.

So, they can charge me as much as they want because it is impossible to find a room for just 6 weeks (off campus) and you need to go catered in the university. This is the point.

It's just a feedback, I know that I'm going to start my course in a month and I think I'm not able to change my accomodation. But the university seems to be very flexible with students but they forgot about post grad international students.
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! Thank you for your answer.

You are right, Telford is self catered. But for pre sessional students you can only apply for Telford Hall catered and eat your breakfast/lunch/dinner in other halls previously informed.
Unfortunatelly for pre sessional they dont give the option to choose self catered. And I have already contacted the Accomodation Center and they can't change this.

So, they can charge me as much as they want because it is impossible to find a room for just 6 weeks (off campus) and you need to go catered in the university. This is the point.

It's just a feedback, I know that I'm going to start my course in a month and I think I'm not able to change my accomodation. But the university seems to be very flexible with students but they forgot about post grad international students.
I'll pass your feedback on again as you are right, that doesn't give you any choice.
Sorry you're disappointed about this, hope the course goes well.
Vicky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19