Water Leak Through Ceiling ...help ? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I heard dripping and at first I thought it was rain outside. After 5 minutes I checked outside and it wasn't raining.

I walked to the back and my dining room ceiling( under the toilet upstairs) had water leaking like crazy through one of the light bulbs.

I moved the freezer and toweled the floor up with my parents after shutting the water supply to the house off.

Now I don't have any water and I don't think I have home insurance sorted.

I know the main priority is sorting the leak and leaving it to the professionals
Any advice on what to do next?
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I heard dripping and at first I thought it was rain outside. After 5 minutes I checked outside and it wasn't raining.

I walked to the back and my dining room ceiling( under the toilet upstairs) had water leaking like crazy through one of the light bulbs.

I moved the freezer and toweled the floor up with my parents after shutting the water supply to the house off.

Now I don't have any water and I don't think I have home insurance sorted.

I know the main priority is sorting the leak and leaving it to the professionals
Any advice on what to do next?
Emergency plumber and then repairs. If you don't gave insurance then you will have to pay repairs. The important thing is to get water on. If it is just cosmetic damage then not so urgent. Be careful with electricity though as it was coming through light.
Anonymous #1
Okay Thanks, just what I was thinking. Will the plumber open the ceiling or is that something I will have to get done myself ?
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Emergency plumber and then repairs. If you don't gave insurance then you will have to pay repairs. The important thing is to get water on. If it is just cosmetic damage then not so urgent. Be careful with electricity though as it was coming through light.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay Thanks, just what I was thinking. Will the plumber open the ceiling or is that something I will have to get done myself ?
Depends where leak is. Do you own house or is it flat. If flat is leak from above flat. Water can track along joints so it may not be where you think it is. Good plumber will sort it
Anonymous #1
I live in a house and this is the first time this has happened in 2 years. But luckily I have another house to shower at. I do hope this gets sorted soon pray for me .
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Depends where leak is. Do you own house or is it flat. If flat is leak from above flat. Water can track along joints so it may not be where you think it is. Good plumber will sort it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.54%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.11%

Watched Threads