The Student Room Group

Caught doing 141mph

So I work for a company that road tests cars and yesterday one of my teams was caught doing 141mph on the motorway for 90 secs and constant speeds of over 90mph. This was caught on the customers black box and he has reported this to the police. I know the general rule for speeding fines but this is very excess speeding what do you think will happen?
Reply 1
In the recent past it would be instant ban.
Original post by Anonymous
So I work for a company that road tests cars and yesterday one of my teams was caught doing 141mph on the motorway for 90 secs and constant speeds of over 90mph. This was caught on the customers black box and he has reported this to the police. I know the general rule for speeding fines but this is very excess speeding what do you think will happen?

Guessing it was you eh?!

6 points or a disqualification and a fine of 150% of your weekly salary according to rac.

You could easily have googled that
Reply 3
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Guessing it was you eh?!

6 points or a disqualification and a fine of 150% of your weekly salary according to rac.

You could easily have googled that

It was not me and I did google that. That is over 101 mph but this is significantly over and was asking to see if different rules applied
Bit odd to work for a company that road tests cars and not know the laws about them, or to come to a student forum for advice on it.
Reply 5
I don’t do the tests, I’m on a student placement and work in the office. Happy now
Original post by StriderHort
Bit odd to work for a company that road tests cars and not know the laws about them, or to come to a student forum for advice on it.
If he really went 141mph then instant ban probably for over 2 years if not permanent but idk
I hope they get an instant ban. They deserve it. Could have easily killed someone, or themselves. Not to mention mess with the customers insurance because of the black box.

Normally when you do double the speed limit, it’s an instant ban. Max speed limit on a motorway is 70.
the customer will not be too happy, when your team likes to take the customer car to 141 mph. Any accident at that speed would cause enough serious damage and possibly death. In this modern time. Not to your team but to other people lives.
Reply 9
I'm glad he reported it, you deserve it.
I don’t do the tests, I’m on a student placement and work in the office. Happy now

Generally, yeah.

Your post is still odd *shrug* You've came on anon talking about 'your teams', now claiming a student placement, you see the ambiguity right?

But as others have said, sounds like a court appearance and a ban, probably worse because of the bad faith they acted in (it wasn't their car, they were being trusted)
What do I deserve I haven’t done anything or I haven’t been reported
Original post by Xarao
I'm glad he reported it, you deserve it.

Nothing will happen to the licence of the driver, unless he was caught breaking the speed limit by a speed camera. It's not enforceable by the police just using a GPS tracker.

What the customer does with that data is a different story.
Reply 13

As Sheepy said - absolutely **** all will happen.

Quick Reply

Latest