Caught doing 141mph Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I work for a company that road tests cars and yesterday one of my teams was caught doing 141mph on the motorway for 90 secs and constant speeds of over 90mph. This was caught on the customers black box and he has reported this to the police. I know the general rule for speeding fines but this is very excess speeding what do you think will happen?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In the recent past it would be instant ban.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I work for a company that road tests cars and yesterday one of my teams was caught doing 141mph on the motorway for 90 secs and constant speeds of over 90mph. This was caught on the customers black box and he has reported this to the police. I know the general rule for speeding fines but this is very excess speeding what do you think will happen?
Guessing it was you eh?!

6 points or a disqualification and a fine of 150% of your weekly salary according to rac.

You could easily have googled that
Anonymous #1
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Guessing it was you eh?!

6 points or a disqualification and a fine of 150% of your weekly salary according to rac.

You could easily have googled that
It was not me and I did google that. That is over 101 mph but this is significantly over and was asking to see if different rules applied
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bit odd to work for a company that road tests cars and not know the laws about them, or to come to a student forum for advice on it.
Anonymous #1
I don’t do the tests, I’m on a student placement and work in the office. Happy now
(Original post by StriderHort)
Bit odd to work for a company that road tests cars and not know the laws about them, or to come to a student forum for advice on it.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
If he really went 141mph then instant ban probably for over 2 years if not permanent but idk
Paypurr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I hope they get an instant ban. They deserve it. Could have easily killed someone, or themselves. Not to mention mess with the customers insurance because of the black box.

Normally when you do double the speed limit, it’s an instant ban. Max speed limit on a motorway is 70.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
williamho
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
the customer will not be too happy, when your team likes to take the customer car to 141 mph. Any accident at that speed would cause enough serious damage and possibly death. In this modern time. Not to your team but to other people lives.
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm glad he reported it, you deserve it.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t do the tests, I’m on a student placement and work in the office. Happy now
Generally, yeah.

Your post is still odd *shrug* You've came on anon talking about 'your teams', now claiming a student placement, you see the ambiguity right?

But as others have said, sounds like a court appearance and a ban, probably worse because of the bad faith they acted in (it wasn't their car, they were being trusted)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
What do I deserve I haven’t done anything or I haven’t been reported
(Original post by Xarao)
I'm glad he reported it, you deserve it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.54%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.11%

Watched Threads