Megh2296
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi wondering if anyone can help.

I will be commencing my 3rd year at university in September, I have just found out that I am pregnant, I have pcos so wasn’t expected. We don’t know how many weeks I am we think about 8 weeks. If I go by this the baby will be due middle/end of Feb. I want to continue my studies.

After my final year I will do a PGCE

Just wondering what support and finances I am entitled too?
I am 23.
Many thanks
University of Portsmouth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Megh2296)

I will be commencing my 3rd year at university in September, I have just found out that I am pregnant, I have pcos so wasn’t expected. We don’t know how many weeks I am we think about 8 weeks. If I go by this the baby will be due middle/end of Feb. I want to continue my studies.

I am 23.
Many thanks
Hi Megh2296

Firstly, congratulations!

Secondly, I think you should go and talk to your student finance team at your University of study. Most universities have a finance team to help with financial issues and just to talk through things. They are experts in this area and will be able to tell you what you are entitled too. You might also be eligible for a bursary for studying a PGCE.

Hope this helps, wish you the best of luck.

Alex - UoP Rep
SFE Nihad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Megh2296)

I am 23.
Many thanks
Hi there,

Congratulations on your baby!

In terms of finance, do you apply to us for it?

Regards,
Nihad
Megh2296
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I do yes
SFE Tegan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Meg,

You may be entitled to additional supplementary grants such as Parental Learning Allowance and Childcare Grant once your child is born. We will need you to send a copy of the child's birth certificate or Child Benefit Letter or Tax Credit Award Notice naming you and the child.

Thanks, Tégan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (20)
31.75%
No (43)
68.25%

Watched Threads