Do you need a Master's degree for competitive graduate schemes? Watch

Spidey36
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Nowadays, is it possible to get onto a competitive graduate scheme with a well-known company with a 2:1 or a first in a bachelor's degree in a STEM subject from a Russell Group university but no master's degree? How likely is it?
Last edited by Spidey36; 1 week ago
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's possible yes but likelihood will depend on a number of factors. You need to apply and see.
(Original post by Spidey36)
Nowadays, is it possible to get onto a competitive graduate scheme with a well-known company with a 2:1 or a first in a bachelor's degree in a STEM subject from a Russell Group university but no master's degree? How likely is it?
Spidey36
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you for your reply. I have just finished my second year on a 4-year integrated master's degree programme but I think that I want to do the 3-year bachelor's degree instead and then go on to apply for a mixture of graduate schemes and master's programmes which I have more of an interest in. Do you think that this is a sensible approach to take? Funding may be an issue with a postgraduate master's degree.
(Original post by alleycat393)
It's possible yes but likelihood will depend on a number of factors. You need to apply and see.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You need to check your eligibility for a loan for a postgrad masters but as above no one can predict whether you will get anywhere with grad schemes or not. You need to apply and see. Doing a masters in something you are more interested in is definitely sensible either which way.
(Original post by Spidey36)
Thank you for your reply. I have just finished my second year on a 4-year integrated master's degree programme but I think that I want to do the 3-year bachelor's degree instead and then go on to apply for a mixture of graduate schemes and master's programmes which I have more of an interest in. Do you think that this is a sensible approach to take? Funding may be an issue with a postgraduate master's degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby