Have you ever bullied someone? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Or were you a bystander? Why did you do it and do you regret it, especially when you know that it might make someone very miserable?Go anonymous if you feel more comfortable.
KimJayneNoel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
no i haven't, but i have qwitnessed people getting bullied, and i do question my self wether or not i should of stepped in to stop it but i didn't
JJrevises
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
nope ive never bullied someone. I was a bystander for around 5 minutes when someone was getting bullied (back in yr9) and then I told the bully to go **** himself and then he was racist to this poor kid so I punched him in the mouth, and that killed my hand and wrist for the rest of that week. I got placed in the intervention room.for three days and I was told off sternly like fifty times from different teachers.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Or were you a bystander? Why did you do it and do you regret it, especially when you know that it might make someone very miserable?Go anonymous if you feel more comfortable.
No I haven't but I have turned a blind eye to bullying when I was younger, which I now regret. These days I would be much more likely to challenge something I perceived as bullying
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The only time I’ve intentionally bullied someone was back in intermediate (around the age of 12-13). We collectively excluded some girls in our school and did some pretty immature and *****y things.

Why? Because I was friends with toxic people and I was too insecure to leave. I also admit that a small part of me was convinced that they deserved it over a petty incident (spoiler: they didn’t). Yes, I do feel very bad and have since made a conscious effort to change.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I wouldn't say I'd "bullied" people, but there have been a couple of times when I think our group of friends in general has taken "banter" too far over a period of time. But we've grown up, and we're all still friends (including the person at the wrong end of the misjudged "banter"), so I suppose we must be forgiven, if we did take it too far.

I was bullied myself, verbally and physically, the whole way through high school, so I would never want to intentionally make anyone feel the way I spent my whole life feeling at that time.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Both

Relationships with my classmates at the age of 11-12 were very volatile

Too big and arrogant to be bullied by anyone my age nowadays
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Report 4 days ago
Got bullied briefly when I was a kid but was usually a bystander, I'd only consider getting involved if it was physical.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Lady Jamie)
The only time I’ve intentionally bullied someone was back in intermediate (around the age of 12-13). We collectively excluded some girls in our school and did some pretty immature and *****y things.

Why? Because I was friends with toxic people and I was too insecure to leave. I also admit that a small part of me was convinced that they deserved it over a petty incident (spoiler: they didn’t). Yes, I do feel very bad and have since made a conscious effort to change.
Teenage girls are the worst for bullying. Boys do more physical bullying in my experience, but girls do that excluding thing which is just as bad It's horrible to reflect on sh*tty things we did in the past, but better than pretending we're perfect I guess :dontknow:
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Teenage girls are the worst for bullying. Boys do more physical bullying in my experience, but girls do that excluding thing which is just as bad It's horrible to reflect on sh*tty things we did in the past, but better than pretending we're perfect I guess :dontknow:
Very true. All the backstabbing, secret notes, rumours, multiple group chats etc...so ridiculous in retrospect.

Yeah I guess. Nobody’s perfect 😞
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Never . I hate bullies
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
in primary school i was a bully because i was kinda popular and i liked the attention (and i admit it is fun to now say that i used to be in those circles in primary school because of their beauty, charisma and wealth). paybacks a ***** cos i then got bullied severely and for a longer amount of time throughout secondary school.
i apologized to the people that i hurt (cried about it many times and wrote them long letters of apologies) and hopefully they don't have a vendetta against me. of course i regretted it for ages because i basically ruined these people's lives. i was projecting my pain and angsty home life onto people that trusted me.
i have never been a bystander and never will be. but ironically getting involved in something that didn't involve me actually lead on to the events of secondary school (i helped someone who was being bullied then they turned against me), and made my secondary school experience bitter and negative.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
In year 7 I was part of a group who bullied someone, but I used to go up to the guy and try and get him to tell a teacher. Eventually though, one member of the group changed school, and the rest of us became friends with the guy being bullied. We stayed friends all through the rest of school.

Just to clarify, I do not agree with bullying. I personally have never bullied someone.
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Not intentionally. Never.

There have been times when I knew my friends were doing it and I told them I didn't like it but never took an action to stop it. I was never a first-hand witness though (I know it still doesn't excuse me)

BUT I surprisingly got anonymous "hate" messages during school and even some pent-up abuse after graduating from girls I didn't even know existed that I was a "stuck-up" "know-it-all" "snobbish" ***** and that my grades, looks or background doesn't make me better than them

I have apparently unintentionally ignored people and in turn have been bullied for it :facepalm:
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by batter mix)
BUT I surprisingly got anonymous "hate" messages during school and even some pent-up abuse after graduating from girls I didn't even know existed that I was a "stuck-up" "know-it-all" "snobbish" ***** and that my grades, looks or background doesn't make me better than them
Sorry to hear that batter, it sounds like those girls just had their own issues, probably stemming from jealousy
Yasmin1224
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I've never bullied someone just teased people here and there but I was a bystander and I witnessed a girl getting bullied for 3 whole years, i just chose never to get involved. It was so bad that she left and never returned
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Sorry to hear that batter, it sounds like those girls just had their own issues, probably stemming from jealousy
That's what I am hoping for because the other side would be that I indeed did hurt quite a few teenage girls and harmed their self-esteem
And after maturing a bit, I really think that would have been an utterly awful thing to do and I really don't want to have any part in it :sigh:
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago

!!!! you give such a nice little girl vibes. I never thought you were an *******.

DONT.TRUST.ANYONE.
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
!!!! you give such a nice little girl vibes. I never thought you were an *******.

DONT.TRUST.ANYONE.
Okay I’m making a group chat to shite talk about u now.
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I am willing to admit my wrongs too, although I got bullied. I certainly wasn't always nice to people around the same age when I ended up with the 'cool kids'. I still regret to this day a few people who got bullied, I partook a bit and I didn't do anything to stop it. I am still ashamed of myself to this day especially when I knew how it felt but I didn't want to get bullied anymore and this was a rather self-centered decision I made to protect myself at the expense of others and it was utterly wrong. I have also made a conscious effort to change and luckily I have friends who respect me for who I actually am now rather than having to pretend to keep them. I never did anything physical but words do hurt and this phase of my life is still by far one of my biggest regrets in life.

Last edited by Themysticalegg; 2 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (122)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (352)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.74%

Watched Threads