The Student Room Group

A level choices

I have applied to take Economics, Sociology and Government and politics at A level. But I am looking to study for an Economics degree at university and I am currently unsure as to whether I will be able to do so without having studied maths at A level. Does anyone have any ideas??
If you look at the universities you think you would like to go to and see if they specifically ask for maths at A-Level, good luck with your studies!
Original post by TomBarden
I have applied to take Economics, Sociology and Government and politics at A level. But I am looking to study for an Economics degree at university and I am currently unsure as to whether I will be able to do so without having studied maths at A level. Does anyone have any ideas??
Which Universities are you looking to study at?

Check on UCAS.
Yes, check the requirements for any unis you think you might like to apply to next year.

On the whole, however, Maths A-level is very useful for would be economics students, as the degree at most unis has a significant amount of mathematics content. In fact, as far as I know, Economics A-level isn't required for any degree courses in economics.

Maths is certainly not a requirement everywhere, but taking it certainly wouldn't harm your chances.
Original post by TomBarden

Quick Reply

Latest