Will I need to cut? Watch

TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I plan on gaining a pound a week for a year, the end goal is next summer, my question is will I need to cut at around April to July, I am underweight at just over 120 standing at 182cm, will I need to cut?

I understand only time will tell, but now, what are your thoughts?

Edit: I'm working out 4 times a week and hitting light cardio every day for 15 minutes, just to give you insight into what my workouts are like.
Last edited by TheNamesBond.; 1 week ago
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What? If you know you're using 50 commas in one line, then there's something wrong with your sentence.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
BUMP
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should really adjust your original post and use something that we call full stops.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
I plan on gaining a pound a week for a year, the end goal is next summer, my question is will I need to cut at around April to July, I am underweight at just over 120 standing at 182cm, will I need to cut?

I understand only time will tell, but now, what are your thoughts?

Edit: I'm working out 4 times a week and hitting light cardio every day for 15 minutes, just to give you insight into what my workouts are like.
I'm so confused. Your weight is around 54kg and you're 182cm which is basically anorexic and you're talking about cutting? You should stop the cardio in your workouts because you're doing yourself no favors since your goal right now should be to gain weight and not lose it.
Last edited by Xarao; 1 week ago
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
You should really adjust your original post and use something that we call full stops.
I don't know what your issue is buddy but if I have offended you anyhow I apologise, this attitude that you also brought on in the other thread tells me I have damaged you somehow in a very personal way, I really had no intention of doing so, perhaps we can start fresh, it is too much of a nice day to make someone offended.

Have a wonderful day, man.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't know what your issue is buddy but if I have offended you anyhow I apologise, this attitude that you also brought on in the other thread tells me I have damaged you somehow in a very personal way, I really had no intention of doing so, perhaps we can start fresh, it is too much of a nice day to make someone offended.

Have a wonderful day, man.
Of course buddy, but why are you talking about cutting when you're anorexic?
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
I'm so confused. Your weight is around 54kg and you're 182cm which is basically anorexic and you're talking about cutting? Maybe cut out all the BS and stop copying fancy terms that bodybuilders use because in all honesty, you're just a stick with bones and I mean that with no offence. Also, you should stop cardio because you're doing yourself no favors since your goal right now should be to gain weight and not lose it.

Most girls weight more than you :rofl:
There's no need to be rude, have I done something to you, are you ok?
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's no need to be rude, have I done something to you, are you ok?
I'm sorry if you found that offensive and I'll remove anything that was in the slightest.

But on to the main question, I'm seriously concerned about your weight and height ratio. So I'll be asking again, why are you talking about cutting when you're anorexic?
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
Of course buddy, but why are you talking about cutting when you're anorexic?
I'm glad, re-read my OP, I think you may have misunderstood.
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
bulk for one year and if you hate how you look (gained too much fat than you would like) then you can go ahead and cut.

But if you are gaining 1lb only a week and eating proper foods then it is unlikely that you will need to cut.

You keep making threads like this. The key is to just do it and see what happens, because you’re doing the right thing by bulking for 1 year
Last edited by SuperHuman98; 1 week ago
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
bulk for one year and if you hate how you look (gained too much fat than you would like) then you can go ahead and cut.

But if you are gaining 1lb only a week and eating proper foods then it is unlikely that you will need to cut
Ok thanks for the input
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm glad, re-read my OP, I think you may have misunderstood.
The general rule of thumb is, that per cm above 100 is the amount you should weight in kg to be "average". E.g. you're 182cm - 100 = 82kg. You have to gain close to 30kg and I can guarantee that you will not do that in a year.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
The general rule of thumb is, that per cm above 100 is the amount you should weight in kg to be "average". E.g. you're 182cm - 100 = 82kg. You have to gain close to 30kg and I can guarantee that you will not do that in a year.
Well, of course, I plan on gaining only a pound as I said.

I'm not looking to be average weight right now because it's a process, I'm looking to deal with what I have, which is gaining a certain amount of lean weight in a reasonable time as the above user has posted.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, of course, I plan on gaining only a pound as I said.

I'm not looking to be average weight right now because it's a process, I'm looking to deal with what I have, which is gaining a certain amount of lean weight in a reasonable time as the above user has posted.
In all honestly, you shouldn't even be thinking about lean weight right now. You should be thinking of adding any weight possible. But regardless, if you're still adamant on gaining "lean" weight, then you need to really cut out the cardio and focus purely on weight training.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
In all honestly, you shouldn't even be thinking about lean weight right now. You should be thinking of adding any weight possible. But regardless, if you're still adamant on gaining "lean" weight, then you need to really cut out the cardio and focus purely on weight training.
I think that's where you're wrong, it is better to gain lean weight than any amount, the cardio is nothing, 15 minutes, does no harm and actually helps me as a pre-workout to get my heart pumping.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think that's where you're wrong, it is better to gain lean weight than any amount, the cardio is nothing, 15 minutes, does no harm and actually helps me as a pre-workout to get my heart pumping.
Not sure why you're stubborn on looking like a stick, but you do you. Also, the cardio isn't "nothing", it's cutting into the maximum weight you can exert when lifting and has actually been proven to result in lower muscle gain overtime. If you want to get your heart pumping, you start with lower weights, not cardio.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
Not sure why you're stubborn on looking like a stick, but you do you. Also, the cardio isn't "nothing", it's cutting into the maximum weight you can exert when lifting and has actually been proven to result in lower muscle gain overtime. If you want to get your heart pumping, you start with lower weights, not cardio.
Umm, I'm not stubborn about being underweight, quite an attitude you have, I just want to gain lean so to avoid too much fat gain, tell me what you find so wrong about that.

A 15-minute walk every day burns under 90 calories, literally doesn't bother my body at all, I think you are exaggerating, so far it's going well and I am gaining well, so thanks, I am eating back the calories lost anyhow.
Last edited by TheNamesBond.; 1 week ago
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Umm, I'm not stubborn about being underweight, quite an attitude you have, I just want to gain lean so to avoid too much fat gain, tell me what you find so wrong about that.

A 15-minute walk every day burns under 90 calories, literally doesn't bother my body at all, I think you are exaggerating, so far it's going well and I am gaining well, so thanks.
:rofl: Keep thinking that.

You're severely underweight and even according to the NHS site, you're at a fatal BMI. I'm not sure if that has impacted you mentally in any way, but it's possible. Also, doing cardio in the beginning is just counter-intuitive of what you want to do and that's to gain "lean" weight. I'm not even sure why you create threads like this if you're just going to continue to do what you're doing. Quite arrogant IMO, but hey be careful you don't let the wind blow you away.
Last edited by Xarao; 1 week ago
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
:rofl: Keep thinking that.

You're severely underweight and even according to the NHS site, you're at a fatal BMI. I'm not sure if that has impacted you mentally in any way, but it's possible. Also, doing cardio in the beginning is just counter-intuitive of what you want to do and that's to gain "lean" weight. I'm not even sure why you create threads like this if you're just going to continue to do what you're doing. Quite arrogant IMO, but hey be careful you don't let the wind blow you away.
Light-cardio, we're talking a brisk walk for 15 minutes, it's literally the equivalent of me going to college if anyone is arrogant here it's you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.76%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.16%
No I am happy with my course choice (403)
56.84%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.25%

Watched Threads