The Student Room Group

How to stop laughing at girlfriend whenever she's mad?

I probably sound like a bad boyfriend but it's just that whenever she gets angry besides looking so cute when mad she makes up some pretty funny insults.

For example whenever she was angry at me or ranting she'll call me a "fish plonker" or "a fudging pietard". I end up giggling then she'll get even angrier and upgrade her insults to "heartless ice ******!".

We sometimes end up laughing together but I seriously gotta stop.

How can I hold in my laughter?

Scroll to see replies

Thing is, is she actually serious when she's doing this? 'Cause those insults do sound pretty comical.

Maybe I'm just prone to more profanity, because I'd definitely be saying a lot worse if I was mad. :lol:
Original post by Anonymous
I probably sound like a bad boyfriend but it's just that whenever she gets angry besides looking so cute when mad she makes up some pretty funny insults.

For example whenever she was angry at me or ranting she'll call me a "fish plonker" or "a fudging pietard". I end up giggling then she'll get even angrier and upgrade her insults to "heartless ice ******!".

You can't really not laugh, you just gotta deal with the punishment :rofl:
Leave the room when you’re trying to laugh hahaha
lmao can't do ****. Teach her some good slangs I guess.
Reply 5
Original post by MidgetFever
Thing is, is she actually serious when she's doing this? 'Cause those insults do sound pretty comical.

Maybe I'm just prone to more profanity, because I'd definitely be saying a lot worse if I was mad. :lol:

Always 😂 Her less serious ones are when she either calls me a "silly billy" or "silly goose".

She's told me before how she wants to stop swearing so I'm guessing these are meant to be a replacement 😂
Reply 6
Original post by Themysticalegg
You can't really not laugh, you just gotta deal with the punishment :rofl:

Tbf I do love her upgraded insults 😂😂
Reply 7
Leave the room when you’re trying to laugh hahaha

I've tried but she'd either follow after me or text me or shout behind me then I'll laugh louder
Reply 8
Original post by batter mix
lmao can't do ****. Teach her some good slangs I guess.

I better do so although she does mix them up together to form a new insult 😂
maybe make up some fun insults of your own and then you could both laugh about it
LAWL
This is so adorable. One of those threads that inspires the annoying "awwwww".

U just need to leave the room if u think your going to laugh
Laughing is a fine response on your part. You don't want to 'reward' her when she displays a lack of manners and courtesy towards you.

Over time you may actually 'train' her to keep her temper. Living with a bad tempered person is not something that you have to put up with.

If she doesn't like you laughing at her when she blows her top, then the fault isn't with you, it's with her for not controlling her anger in the first place.

If on the other hand she calmly discusses with you something that she is not happy with, then you should give her your full and serious and undivided attention.
it really annoys tf outta me when ppl laugh at me when i’m angry/sad. Means you don’t take me seriously and don’t respect me. Stop laughing at her ffs
thats funny haha.
I'm not even having a joke but this is literally me
you just have to read her facial expressions well
is she mad or just having a joke rant at you? :beard:
the story continues :iiam: :mmm:
Original post by pineapplepink
maybe make up some fun insults of your own and then you could both laugh about it

I'll try to but she'll win for sure
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Laughing is a fine response on your part. You don't want to 'reward' her when she displays a lack of manners and courtesy towards you.

Over time you may actually 'train' her to keep her temper. Living with a bad tempered person is not something that you have to put up with.

If she doesn't like you laughing at her when she blows her top, then the fault isn't with you, it's with her for not controlling her anger in the first place.

If on the other hand she calmly discusses with you something that she is not happy with, then you should give her your full and serious and undivided attention.

Thank you for your advice. She definitely isn't bad tempered, it's hard to explain how she acts here but it's far from bad tempered.

You're right about giving her my serious attention when she's speaking calmly. Even when speaking calmly she'll calmly say funny insults which I'm always wondering if she's serious or not. Sometimes it's easy to tell the difference.
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
it really annoys tf outta me when ppl laugh at me when i’m angry/sad. Means you don’t take me seriously and don’t respect me. Stop laughing at her ffs

Mentally noted but I'll laugh when I know for certain that she's not being serious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending