I messed up Watch

lauraemily13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So just over a year ago I bleached my naturally dark blonde/light brown hair and went a nice light golden blonde. When my natural hair started to grow in I didnt do my roots because the natural colour wasnt too much darker to be worth the effort, then I went off to uni where I definitely wasnt gonna spend my time (or money) worrying about it. I came back and decided okay, I need to fix this (regrowth is half my hair at this point) but I didnt want to mess around with bleach since my bleach veteran friend isn't here this summer to help. So I decided to just lighten the regrowth to lessen the contrast. SO I went online and found a blonde dye that had really good reviews from people who had used it on similar hair to mine without bleach and had posted photos showing it hadn't gone orange so I thought great I'll do that. Put it on the regrowth for 20 minutes and then combed it through the rest for the last 10 in an attempt to make it blend a bit.
THEN the top went ORANGE and the bottom went WHITE. It's not a look. So then I went and got a light brown thinking I'll cover it all up and now the top is a coppery brown and the bottom is a very cool toned blonde. I figure the best option here is to go brunette but I'm worried the bleached bit will go green or the top will be very warm toned and the bottom will be cool toned. Basically, if anyone knows what to do in this situation your input would be much appreciated
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What's wrong with an orange fringe and white base?

I think you should just keep it like that, it sounds pretty cool.
HoldThisL
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Xarao)
What's wrong with an orange fringe and white base?

I think you should just keep it like that, it sounds pretty cool.
op disagrees though
lauraemily13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In hindsight I should have left it like that as it would have been easier to fix but it didnt look like a choice it was more of a bleach disaster look. The problem now is that the top is so warm toned and the bottom so cool toned and I dont know if just putting a brown dye over it is a good idea
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads