Relationship giving me no self confidence Watch

Pchim
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My boyfriend of 3 years dumped me the other month and my self esteem dropped to rock bottom. We have recently got back together but im noticing things like when i was single people would tell me im beautiful which my boyfriend never does. And we are away together in the sun at the minute and he’s encouraging that i do things like fake tan and wear makeup and when we went to the beach he instantly got angry the minute i wasnt sat in his arms so i just had to sit there while he stared at girl bums telling me which ones have a better bum while telling me my outfit didnt flatter me at all. All of this is making me feel very insecure about myself and i just dont know how to feel pretty again. Any advice??
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To be honest, I wouldn't stay with him if I was you. Guess you could talk to him using assertive communication (Google how to do it). I dunno if it's worth it to do that.

As a side note, self-confidence comes from within. Try not to rely on other people for a source of self-confidence, happiness, etc. People should add to these things, but you should be secure in yourself. You need to have a security within yourself so that you're not in a relationship with an uneven power dynamic. Work on loving yourself, compliment yourself, be compassionate towards yourself.
Skeletonclique21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe you need to remember why you broke up in the first place? it doesn't sound as though this is healthy for you. i hope everything works out x
CHANELDIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Jesus Christ on a stick... break up with him.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Pchim
Rep:
?
He dumped me cause i could eat in public
(Original post by Skeletonclique21)
Maybe you need to remember why you broke up in the first place? it doesn't sound as though this is healthy for you. i hope everything works out x
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pchim)
Am I reading this correctly? He dumped you because you ate in public?

Why are you still with him? I don't get it.
Pchim
Rep:
?
Sorry no i meant couldnt. I have eating issues where i just cant eat in public and he hatessss it
(Original post by Pathway)

Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pchim)
Sorry no i meant couldnt. I have eating issues where i just cant eat in public and he hatessss it
I mean. Still, if that's why he broke up with you, why did you get back with him? Is he supportive of you at all?

Are you getting help for the eating issues?
Pchim
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)

Skeletonclique21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pchim)
that's ridiculous... honey you're worth so much more than that <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads