Best Univeristies for Crimonolgy/Policing degrees Watch

TomiyaHills
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm looking to study criminology or policing at university and hope to get into a career in the Police force or something to do with that. My family had been advising me to go to Russell uni but some websites I'm seeing are looking like that other non-Russell unis have better courses for what I want to do. After visiting some open days, I really like Birmingham Uni and the course it offers, but I haven't looked at or been to any non-Russell uni open days.
Just wondering if there's anyone studying these courses at a Russell uni as I would like to go to one preferably.
Or any advice on which uni is best or these courses is much appreciated!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The Russell Group is a group of institutions that's largely based around the research they do- although they have done a good job of marketing themselves to students! Whether a uni is in the Russell Group or not has very little bearing on your undergraduate degree.

You should look for universities with courses that interest you, and has a strong reputation for your subject- don't worry about whether they are Russell Group or not- and ignore your family. They aren't the ones who have to spend 3 years studying the course, you are.

It's definitely a good idea to go to a wide range of open days before you decide.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads