Sixth form Watch

Askme 1236
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Can you move schools after doing one year of business level 3 in sixth form? But to continue the course just somewhere else
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
theeetimdoherty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
That's quite a specific problem but I'd say that you'd have to see whether the college you want to transfer to is doing the same course as you are doing now. Since you aren't a standard applicant you'd have to email the specific place to find out whether they'd be able to take you on as a student.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
inoubliable
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
my best guess is no. i only say that because a lot of colleges teach courses completely differently. for example, my school teach integrated with AS and A2 content taught both years. if someone who has only learnt AS content will really struggle with the A2 content the next year because we won't be going over that.

I know you aren't doing an A-Level, but you get my point. So, I think best email and ask them, and it might just be a case of catching up or even just simple transfer. but i know many colleges will probably be reluctant to take on some on to second year without having them for 1st year
theeetimdoherty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I am an A Level student btw. What business course is yours?

Colleges will likely accept you if they believe you'll commit to catching up with what you have missed. Why do you want to move colleges anyway?
cath_slater
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
People have done it so just depends if they’ll have you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads