Oxford DClinPsych Watch

chloetheresa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey all,

Just wondering if there is anyone who is applying to/studying on/completed the DClinPsych at Oxford who may have some advice on what to do or what you're currently doing to get into Oxford for this doctorate - what kinds of roles to go for during clinical experience, what research, any extra curricular or volunteer work, etc.

This sept I will be starting a conversion psychology masters at Bristol Uni, with the aim of going on to do a doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Oxford. I'll obviously, post masters go on to do some clinical experience before applying to Oxford (and other institutes).

Thanks!
marinade
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Go and have a look on www.clinpsy.org.uk - spend a few months reading lengthy threads on that forum.

The wanting to apply for oxford, don't really know what to make of that, you get to apply for four different places on the clinical doctorate. Each place is looking for slightly different things.

There's a very wide range of experience for people who are successful have getting on the DClinPsy. There's an appropriate thread on there that's 25 pages detailing experiences from about 15 years ago to the present day. The answer to what work/voluntary experience would depend on what you have already.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.54%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.11%

Watched Threads