The Student Room Group

Guys, do you think you're nice?

Scroll to see replies

I hope I am, I don't like making an opinion about myself :tongue:
I try to treat everyone with the same respect and attitude but I'll let others decide on whether I am nice to them or not :smile:
Y’all wish
Reply 23
There's a whole subreddit dedicated to people who claim to be "nice guys".
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
Why do you say that? What is it that you that isn't "nice"?

I mean, I'm not one to hand out compliments often or suck up to people, and I can be, if in a playful sense, somewhat combative in conversation. Mostly though I'm just a bit of a non-entity, not saying much, or saying little of interest, in your average social scenario, so in that sense I have something in common with the "nice guys".
In terms of friendly towards people, yes. In terms of letting people and women walk all over me, no.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
In terms of friendly towards people, yes. In terms of letting people and women walk all over me, no.

How about letting toy animals walk all over you? :biggrin:

Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Original post by londonmyst

Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

I'll allow it just this once only because they're cute :K:
I'm generally polite and friendly to strangers, and I'm nice to those I like, I enjoy feeling like I'm helping people (so long as I'm not making huge sacrifices in my own life to do so, mind). However, I have a hard time being nice to people I don't like, and it doesn't take much for me to take a disliking to someone. I can also be incredibly selfish and self centred, and at times quite manipulative.

I think on the whole I'm pretty nice, if you earn it I'll treat you with the utmost respect and I never intentionally do anyone wrong, but I can also be a complete asshoIe.
Omg these are the toys you talk about :colondollar:
Original post by londonmyst

Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
I will fully admit that I can be the biggest ******* on this planet if angered. Sort of like a cat, lovely when left alone, but prod for too long and you'll lose your hand
Original post by Themysticalegg
Omg these are the toys you talk about :colondollar:

Three of the most sweet and friendly toy animals.
Some of the collection view students, lecturers and the parents of students as DINNER.
Led by Mr Wolf's wife.
I'm a virgin so logically I must be.

Spoiler

Any guy who is capable of having friends can be called nice. You need to have something likeable about yourself in order to hold down friendships, let alone a relationship. I don’t like when people use “nice guys” to describe people who have ulterior motives and are only being friendly to people expecting something in return. That’s not being nice, that’s being a douche and I hate when people use the terms interchangeably. This is why girls put “nice guys” and friend zone in the same category.

I’d consider myself a likeable person (I prefer that word to “nice” which now has negative connotations when it comes to relationships). I’ve got a strong circle of reliable friends and I like to think I’m approachable when meeting new people. However, I can be a **** to people I take a disliking to, or people who have done wrong by me in the past. People who know me well know that I am a supportive person whereas people who don’t may think I’m self-centred and that’s fine. In spite of this, I’ve rarely been able to get anywhere past friendship with girls, maybe cos I’m open and honest and not “mysterious” enough for their liking. Some girls may think I’m a **** because I dared to ask them out and they said no, but my friends who are girls may have kinder things to say about me. I think I fall somewhere between the two extremes.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you consider yourself a nice guy?

no
Why not?
Original post by Exodus591
no
cba explaining
Original post by -Quava-
Why not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending