Exam results are confusing. Please help. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Since last August I failed in 3 modules (Electrical Circuits on 1st attempt, Classical Mechanics on 2nd attempt and Calculus on 2nd attempt), I had to repeat the year as an external student.
Today I received my exam results but they are confusing. In the transcript it correctly states that I passed Electrical Circuits on my 2nd attempt, but for the other two modules it gives the marks I got last August and claims that it is my 2nd attempt on them instead of the 3rd.
I checked my Academic Record; for classical mechanics it gives the final mark I got last August but with the present date, although it states that I only attempted the module 2 times. It's the same thing with Calculus, it's final mark is the one I got last August but with the present date, the only difference is that it does acknowledge that I attempted the module a 3rd time but in the mark section it just says "NYA", i.e. not yet available.
What does this mean? Why did they ignored my 3rd attempt on them?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Since last August I failed in 3 modules (Electrical Circuits on 1st attempt, Classical Mechanics on 2nd attempt and Calculus on 2nd attempt), I had to repeat the year as an external student.
Today I received my exam results but they are confusing. In the transcript it correctly states that I passed Electrical Circuits on my 2nd attempt, but for the other two modules it gives the marks I got last August and claims that it is my 2nd attempt on them instead of the 3rd.
I checked my Academic Record; for classical mechanics it gives the final mark I got last August but with the present date, although it states that I only attempted the module 2 times. It's the same thing with Calculus, it's final mark is the one I got last August but with the present date, the only difference is that it does acknowledge that I attempted the module a 3rd time but in the mark section it just says "NYA", i.e. not yet available.
What does this mean? Why did they ignored my 3rd attempt on them?
No idea, but you will have to speak to them. You know the truth and i suspect it is an error. They will catch up.
The issue is that if you failed for 3rd time then that is usually a course withdrawal. Go and see the student advisor or your tutor. Dont rely on the fact of therm not finding out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.46%
No I am happy with my course choice (455)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.86%

Watched Threads