Bad Teachers ruining your favourite subjects! Help! Watch

Thank U, next
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Ok, so my Dance teacher is horrible. No one likes her, everyone loved Dance when they first started but now due to the teacher everyone hates it and has literally lost their love of dancing, including me... everyone is thinking bout dropping the subject and choosing something else, but I am nearly in year 11 and worry that it will have a huge affect on my grades. Advice?
fish finger fan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Thank U, next)
Ok, so my Dance teacher is horrible. No one likes her, everyone loved Dance when they first started but now due to the teacher everyone hates it and has literally lost their love of dancing, including me... everyone is thinking bout dropping the subject and choosing something else, but I am nearly in year 11 and worry that it will have a huge affect on my grades. Advice?
If you want to drop the subject, speak to your school. They will say if it is too late or not. Although, if you have a passion for the subject maybe try and persevere. Don't let 1 stupid teacher ruin your passion for a subject. I was in a sort of similar position in year 9 when picking my options, I really enjoyed geography but I hated the teacher. I chose it and was lucky as that teacher left and then I got an alright teacher. This dance teacher might leave.

Basically, what I'm saying is don't let 1 teacher ruin your love for a subject.

Hopefully this has been helpful.
Thank U, next
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
yes, that's what I was thinking, but lately she has been so much worse. She pulls us out of our classes (maths, science, english) and doesn't care if we are behind as long as she is happy. She also has no empathy, sympathy or understanding for situations. She sent a close friend of mine out of class today because he couldn't do a handstand and made a fool of him in front of the class, told him to "get out and find another subject" but then called the head of year when he left and said he stormed out and when she tried to stop him he got angry when no such thing happened. Then she told the whole class to leave and when we did she said we walked out on our own without her permission.
(Original post by fish finger fan)
If you want to drop the subject, speak to your school. They will say if it is too late or not. Although, if you have a passion for the subject maybe try and persevere. Don't let 1 stupid teacher ruin your passion for a subject. I was in a sort of similar position in year 9 when picking my options, I really enjoyed geography but I hated the teacher. I chose it and was lucky as that teacher left and then I got an alright teacher. This dance teacher might leave.

Basically, what I'm saying is don't let 1 teacher ruin your love for a subject.

Hopefully this has been helpful.
fish finger fan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Thank U, next)
yes, that's what I was thinking, but lately she has been so much worse. She pulls us out of our classes (maths, science, english) and doesn't care if we are behind as long as she is happy. She also has no empathy, sympathy or understanding for situations. She sent a close friend of mine out of class today because he couldn't do a handstand and made a fool of him in front of the class, told him to "get out and find another subject" but then called the head of year when he left and said he stormed out and when she tried to stop him he got angry when no such thing happened. Then she told the whole class to leave and when we did she said we walked out on our own without her permission.
This teacher sounds like the walking definition of idiot. Report her to someone high up at the school, it sounds like your class is quite close, if you all do it together you might have some sort of impact.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads