The University hasn't replied and I'm about to be rejected. Watch

Charliee101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I just called them and they said the tutor hasn't looked at my application and it will auto reject. Then he went on to tell me I will have to apply again through the clearing.

Is this common? Has this happened to anyone else?
Admit-One
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
It does happen to a small number of applicants each year sadly. It's a pretty poor show on the Uni's part.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Charliee101)
I just called them and they said the tutor hasn't looked at my application and it will auto reject. Then he went on to tell me I will have to apply again through the clearing.

Name and shame?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Charliee101)

This is pretty poor from the uni, unless you applied very recently to a small institution where the only admissions tutor who could look at your application was ill or on holiday.

If you are already holding other offers, personally I wouldn't risk losing them without something in writing from the uni to confirm that they will give you an offer.

If you are really keen on this uni, then I'd ring them back tomorrow, ask to speak to the admissions tutor and see why there's been a delay and where they want things to go from here. If they want you to reject offers you are currently holding, without any guarantees, personally I wouldn't risk it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads