Studies terminated Watch

Pipdog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So first year I failed a module, resat in the summer failed again, the university let me continue to second year but I had to resit the module again, I passed all my modules but again failed this module. So I've passed 11 out of my 12 modules over the 2 years, the module I failed I got 37% on but that is 17% on one half and 61% on the other. Uni have terminated my studies so I'm looking for some advice
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pipdog)
So first year I failed a module, resat in the summer failed again, the university let me continue to second year but I had to resit the module again, I passed all my modules but again failed this module. So I've passed 11 out of my 12 modules over the 2 years, the module I failed I got 37% on but that is 17% on one half and 61% on the other. Uni have terminated my studies so I'm looking for some advice
its tricky whether somewhere would let you transfer to second year as you technically dont have the correct credits but you could try.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
I assume the reason you failed was academic? You really are a bit screwed.
I would have left after failing the resits. Was really a mistake carrying it into year 2.

Not sure I can give you any advice because your student finance is messed up. Maybe you can make a compelling personal reasons claim to show you had mh issues plus you can provide evidence and a GP letter etc.

Your alternative is to make an appeal, but failing the module 3 times is terminal in nearly all if not all unis.

Otherwise your student finance will only be paid from year 2.

Its a tough one.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
I assume the reason you failed was academic? You really are a bit screwed.
I would have left after failing the resits. Was really a mistake carrying it into year 2.

Not sure I can give you any advice because your student finance is messed up. Maybe you can make a compelling personal reasons claim to show you had mh issues plus you can provide evidence and a GP letter etc.

Your alternative is to make an appeal, but failing the module 3 times is terminal in nearly all if not all unis.

Otherwise your student finance will only be paid from year 2.

Its a tough one.

OU might accept a transfer of credits.
(Original post by claireestelle)
its tricky whether somewhere would let you transfer to second year as you technically dont have the correct credits but you could try.
That is the issue, they havent passed year 1.
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You now owe (at minimum) 18k and have nothing to show for it.

lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads