Failed on AS subject Watch

zoe.nyaku
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So basically, I do Biology, Chemistry and Sociology. Absolutely hated chemistry and I failed it in my end of year mocks and got a U, however I passed the other 2 and I am still being allowed into year 13. I know I will not go to uni in 2020 and that is fine, but is there any way for me to drop Chemistry, do 2 A levels and an AS and then do an extra year to finish the AS as the course is linear?

Need help!
Siobha
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Many students retake or add years during A Levels due to wrong subject choices etc. You would have to run it by your school, but you could absolutely do that if they agreed; it takes more guts to accept that you might like to do something else and then go do it than clinging on and risking it all just so you didnt 'give up'
(Original post by zoe.nyaku)
So basically, I do Biology, Chemistry and Sociology. Absolutely hated chemistry and I failed it in my end of year mocks and got a U, however I passed the other 2 and I am still being allowed into year 13. I know I will not go to uni in 2020 and that is fine, but is there any way for me to drop Chemistry, do 2 A levels and an AS and then do an extra year to finish the AS as the course is linear?

Need help!
zoe.nyaku
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Yeah I'm gonna try run it by my head of year tomorrow. I really tried to like chemistry but I realised it was deffo the wrong subject choice
(Original post by Siobha)
Many students retake or add years during A Levels due to wrong subject choices etc. You would have to run it by your school, but you could absolutely do that if they agreed; it takes more guts to accept that you might like to do something else and then go do it than clinging on and risking it all just so you didnt 'give up'
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
it's possible certainly to do this, not too sure how favourably some unis would look at this though.
zoe.nyaku
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Well I want to apply for physiotherapy which is reallly competitive, so i will contact all the unis that offer it and see
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
it's possible certainly to do this, not too sure how favourably some unis would look at this though.
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by zoe.nyaku)
Well I want to apply for physiotherapy which is reallly competitive, so i will contact all the unis that offer it and see
good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.93%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (69)
9.97%
No I am happy with my course choice (394)
56.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed