The Student Room Group

Going on “extreme” diets

Why do people say when you go on extreme diets, you’ll either gain ALL the weight back or MORE. I don’t think that’s true and I think it depends on your body. I went on an “extreme” diet for 3 months by only eating one meal a day (which mostly consisted of a bowl of cereal and tea). I lost about 7/8 kg and was very much pleased with myself. I then started eating properly a month later. Ate chocolate,sweets etc.. I realised my body fluctuated between 70-73kg but then my body slowly went back to 70 after couple days. So why do people say your body gains the weight back again?

I don’t promote it at all. Mainly because you might go too far and get addicted+it’s unhealthy+plus I wasn’t getting much nutrition.
It happens with most people, that's why.

It just didn't happen with you.
Reply 2
Because most people go back to eating the exact same stuff as they were before they went onto an extreme diet and overtime they will gain what they lost back again.
Reply 3
Original post by JaseyB
Because most people go back to eating the exact same stuff as they were before they went onto an extreme diet and overtime they will gain what they lost back again.

Ohhhh Yhh hmm thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending