How would you revise to get a grade 9 in Spanish (higher) writing in GCSE? Watch

M4N12D33n472
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Any tips or tricks or advice anyone can give about how to get top grade for spanish writing
redmeercat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
1) eliminate the translations
I'd suggest getting an exam workbook and doing (and marking) a translation per day... That way, you will get to know the mark scheme, your grammatical weaknesses in spanish a and words that you need to specifically revise. This way, by the time you do the exam the translation should be fairly easy!

2. Generally just do vocab. Use the memrise Spanish GCSE vocab course and try to learn as much of it as possible.

3. Learn your fancy structures, such as the subjunctive, and try to find a way to (smoothly) fit it into your answer.

4. Try to write daily in french. I've found the HelloTalk app really helpful with French A level, and if you have time even just once a week I'd suggest that you might want to have a look!
emegan02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi there. Having achieved well in French GCSE writing, the secret is being able to conjugate verbs in all tenses and having simple, but relevant points to make about all topics. However, I would ask your teacher for a list of higher level constructions that you can learn to manipulate into any scenario. Maybe look at the A level textbook at the subjunctive and learn a phrase which requires it. Hope this helps. x
Satyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Use at least 3 tenses.
hannahS653
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I did german and not spanish, but I'm sure many of the same tips will apply. Prior to the exam, create a mental checklist for everything the examinor will be looking for to give you marks. Ask your teacher for help if unsure. When answering practice questions, keep the checklist in mind. This will likely result in your answer sounding a little robotic, but don't worry, you're not being marked on realism. As long on you include a variety of vocab and sentence structures, you're good to go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads