hearing screaming in shower/other place with noise - anyone? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This has been on my mind for a few months but it recently got worse and, having a lack of friends, I thought I would ask here.

Basically, if I put my head under the shower or fill the bath or some other kind of noisy situation, I hear screaming. Not screaming in fear but in anger at me. I hear my name mostly but also things like "get the hell over here" and "what the **** are you doing" kind of things.

It also happens when I am digging around in the back of the fridge or if I set the tv volume too high.

I just wanted to know if I'm crazy or whether this happens to other people?
yzanne
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can't say this happens to me - I'm not a professional but I would advise you look deeper into this. Have you had any previous traumatic experiences in which these lines have been said to you? Do you feel scared of someone / something / a situation? Do you lead a happy life?

Of course there will be people who will be able to diagnose you if it's a serious, mentally debilitating issue but for now I would advise you to try and figure it out a little more. For starters, are these voices clear and are they actual people or is it just your conscience talking to you / your mind replaying a scene?

Don't worry too much for now I would suggest until you've figured these things out.
CHANELDIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wtffff that’s bloody terrifying. get some help hun omfg
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by CHANELDIAMONDS; 1 week ago
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're unconsciously forcing yourself to hear those things and trying to create some kind of out-the-world phenomenon. When in reality, it's just you playing tricks on yourself without knowing that you are.
Miss Fahima
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
its called musical ear sydrome. check it up
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There could be a number of factors causing this and it is not always psychosis. If it's causing you distress, then see a GP.

I get hypnagogic visual and auditory hallucinations when in bed, which happens from time to time in a significant proportion of the population, but mine was attributed to medication (antidepressants) , short term insomnia and anxiety.
mypwnsupport
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Definitely not normal, you should probably look for professional help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.54%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.11%

Watched Threads