Walking home alone in the dark Watch

AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
OP here
Thank you to everyone who's answered, I've had some good advice. I may have miscommunicated in my post; although I only know of one concrete date I'll have to make this journey, it's a new job with unreliable hours, so unfortunately I may have to make the journey regularly.
Most days I'll be able to get a train but on sundays they don't run, hence the problem. I've decided to buy myself a hi-vis jacket and whistle, which should make me a little safer.
How old are you?
What are the working hours? When does the job finish?
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
i'm presuming OP can't afford or arrange that for some reason, i had my phone stolen in broad daylight once so i generally don't feel like night is much worse.
True. I assumed it was a one time thing though based on the OP's original post. Although he/she just now mentioned that it is going to be a regular thing.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
OP here
Thank you to everyone who's answered, I've had some good advice. I may have miscommunicated in my post; although I only know of one concrete date I'll have to make this journey, it's a new job with unreliable hours, so unfortunately I may have to make the journey regularly.
Most days I'll be able to get a train but on sundays they don't run, hence the problem. I've decided to buy myself a hi-vis jacket and whistle, which should make me a little safer.
are you a confident bike rider? could be an option
Yasmin1224
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Xarao)
All you need is a bank account to start using Uber.

Worst advice you can give. Time to walk in the dark with my shiny new phone, I'm definitely not getting mugged tonight.
:lol::rofl:
Yasmin1224
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you not have a bicycle that you can use?
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Take a torch, walked through a forest walkway with one once.
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Your safety is worth much more than the cost of a taxi. You don’t need to take one all the way. Just for the dodgy bit of your journey. Ring a company and explain. If you tell them it’s going to be a regular thing it shouldn’t be an issue
keptinside
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wear strap.. you're safe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.54%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.11%

Watched Threads