The Student Room Group

Knife crime presentation English speaking.

I’m doing knife crime for my English speaking presentation, does anyone have any ideas on what to include? And what are your views on knife crime? Do you believe there’s no excuse for carrying a knife and how can it be controlled?
in my opnion i dont think anyone should be allowed to carry a knife with them beacsue there will be soem people who will missuse rule and may use it when theyre angry....kinda like guns....

maybe aswell as looking at stuff about knives you can say the same stuff for gun laws and stuff and use the same arguments
I don't think there is any excuse for young people to be carrying knives since they normally just carry the one knife and it won't be from some kind of set aimed at professional level chefs.

Quick disclaimer - I can't be certain that everything I am saying is correct so please correct me if anything is wrong. Thank you :smile:

There are many factors that effect the chances of knife crime.

- Some of these people do not feel like they belong to their family or society and feel like outcasts which I did at school since I always at school but didn't get good grades yet the ones causing trouble all the time were getting much higher grades. Add to this the fact that some get in constant trouble with school and don't understand why they are getting trouble and they end of getting kicked out altogether which then can start their journey to being in a gang.

- Lack of parenting as some of the parents are not even aware of what is going on with regards to their child's whereabouts.

- Lack of youth clubs/reduced funding to youth clubs has reduced the number of places young teenagers can go to that don't involve getting in to trouble.

- Reduction in police officers has led to less police on the street + the reduction in the use of stop and search has led to an increase in the number of teenagers carrying knives.

There are probably more points but I can't think of anymore off the top of my head.
i am also doing knife crime could you help me please?

Quick Reply

Latest