Question for people living at university Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Do you get many bugs in your room? I get so many, today I was shocked to see a gigantic spider crawling under my bed, had to get out the ol' obliterator (hoover) and chase after it. But usually it's lots of small ones, like little moths. This year I'm on the ground floor so I don't dare open my window lest my room get infested. But I've never once heard anyone mention such a problem which is weird. Can't be just me right?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you get many bugs in your room? I get so many, today I was shocked to see a gigantic spider crawling under my bed, had to get out the ol' obliterator (hoover) and chase after it. But usually it's lots of small ones, like little moths. This year I'm on the ground floor so I don't dare open my window lest my room get infested. But I've never once heard anyone mention such a problem which is weird. Can't be just me right?
its can be common with older buildings, you tried some insect repellent?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by claireestelle)
its can be common with older buildings, you tried some insect repellent?
No, but might be a good idea. Then again might not be a good idea to breathing that stuff in all day.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No, but might be a good idea. Then again might not be a good idea to breathing that stuff in all day.
you can get electronic ones if thats a worry for you
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I lived in halls that were a converted hotel, so I did see the odd spider and moth. Otherwise, it was pretty bug-free. My flatmate had it worse, as his room had an old fireplace in it (which wasn't blocked off properly), so he would get quite a few big black spiders crawling down.
S1elyak1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
In my final year house, I was the first person to move in and it was just me and 40 spiders! Throughout the year we constantly had spiders and woodlice. I lived in a victorian house this year for my masters and rarely had any spiders or bugs so it was great in comparison. Hoping my graduate/professional house doesn't have many too!
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey! Maybe speak to your landlords about it and see what they say??
Sophia
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hey! Maybe speak to your landlords about it and see what they say??
Sophia
It's halls on campus but idk, I can deal with it, I was just curious whether other people had the same problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.79%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.48%
No I am happy with my course choice (453)
58.83%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.9%

Watched Threads