End of an era thread Watch

Mike John
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Well the A Level journey has come to an end and it looks quite depressing. I mean i applied for economics both at Queen Mary and at Royal Holloway but honestly i think both will reject me. I know people will look through my old threads and think i never revised for my A Levels but i honestly gave my all and i am feeling quite low since exams have finished and i am not sure what to do with my life now. Literally i have no interest in retaking since i have no incentive to sit out a whole year and i have no clue what to do now. Any advice?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mike John)
Well the A Level journey has come to an end and it looks quite depressing. I mean i applied for economics both at Queen Mary and at Royal Holloway but honestly i think both will reject me. I know people will look through my old threads and think i never revised for my A Levels but i honestly gave my all and i am feeling quite low since exams have finished and i am not sure what to do with my life now. Literally i have no interest in retaking since i have no incentive to sit out a whole year and i have no clue what to do now. Any advice?
Look in clearing and find yourself some back up options if the worst happens.
katie091000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Remember that both uni’s might still take you even if you don’t get the grades or meet the conditions
westie15
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 hours ago
Royal Holloway are very lenient with grades so try not to worry too much and enjoy your summer. When I was waiting for my results I was convinced I wouldn't get it and had a terrible time up until results day and massively regret it. I'm currently at Royal Holloway studying Maths (my first choice!) and I needed AAB to get in but on results day I found I had ACD and they still accepted me without having to call them or anything! But if you are really worried, they the other replies are right, find some options in clearing for peace of mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads