The Student Room Group

Access To Higher Education (Humanities) online?

I am trying to find somewhere online I can do an Access to Higher Education Diploma in humanities (preferably history focused), somewhere that accepts the Adult Learner Loan. The accesstohe.ac.uk website doesn't seem to have a complete list so I'm just googling.

The only place I have found so far is Highbury College but it doesn't have good reviews on The Student Room! LearnDirect and DistanceLearningCentre don't accept the loan anymore unfortunately.

I wish I could afford to do it at my local college but I need to carry on working full time.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
In case anyone in the future comes across this post with the same question ...
I spoke to a tutor from Enable on the phone, I initially discredited them because I couldn't find any reference to Access courses on their website. However they do offer the Access diploma, it's completely online and they accept the Advanced Learner Loan! It's also only one of two in the country where the modules solely focus on history and not humanities in general, which is great if you want to do a history related degree. The other place is Infused Learning but they don't accept the loan. Hope this helps someone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending