relationship problems Watch

noimnoturaverage
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hey I just made this account yesterday and i was wondering if theres anyone out there in the same boat as me ….. im a 15 year old muslim girl from Birmingham and long story short ive never had to question my sexuality till a year and a half ago but these past few months have been crazy theres this girl at my school whos a year older than me and we started talking unexpectedly … shes seen as the 'bad girl' I guess I never thought wede even become mates mostly cos shes a year older we started off as just mates but now I feel such a strong connection with her and as stupid as it sounds I think im madly in love w her ,, accept she dropped out of our sixthf form to go to a new one two months ago and ive never felt so hurt in my life - that's when I knew it was love and this is ****ed up because
A) im musllim
B) im Asian
C) she likes another girl
D) I know she cares about me but I care way more about her
E) I like a GIRL
……?...…..
SillyFish
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Regardless of what other people think (which is obviously hard when this **** is ingrained into your upbringing, but still), I guess the first step is to figure out how YOU feel about yourself. Are you comfortable with not being straight? If so, why not? Remember that, scary as this may seem, you are surrounded by people who care about you in this current moment.

And even if others are less accepting of you, there do exist people from all over the world, from various communities and walks of life, who are queer and comfortable with themselves. The internet is an amazing tool for finding people in the same boat and educating yourself about different beliefs, eg. I find a lot of Christian arguments that support being queer that come from queer Christians supporting others like them and retaliating against religious homophobia.

But yeah I'd say the most important thing is to try and feel comfortable with yourself the way you are (because it'snot going to change!) Relationships with friends, family and love interests will follow but these things are easier without internalised guilt.

Best of luck!!
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by noimnoturaverage)
hey I just made this account yesterday and i was wondering if theres anyone out there in the same boat as me ….. im a 15 year old muslim girl from Birmingham and long story short ive never had to question my sexuality till a year and a half ago but these past few months have been crazy theres this girl at my school whos a year older than me and we started talking unexpectedly … shes seen as the 'bad girl' I guess I never thought wede even become mates mostly cos shes a year older we started off as just mates but now I feel such a strong connection with her and as stupid as it sounds I think im madly in love w her ,, accept she dropped out of our sixthf form to go to a new one two months ago and ive never felt so hurt in my life - that's when I knew it was love and this is ****ed up because
A) im musllim
B) im Asian
C) she likes another girl
D) I know she cares about me but I care way more about her
E) I like a GIRL
……?...…..
You are yet another muslim who realises that they are gay and now having problems with culture and religious opinion. You now have to decide whether to accept who you are or whether to care what other people think more than about your own hasppiness . You would actually need to keep in touch with this girl and see how you both feel but you need to be honest about your feelings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads