Is 65 average okay for first year? Watch

Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by searching123job)
Let us not kid ourselves. Check out the thread about grade inflation. It may be more difficult, but i’m sure OP can talk his/her way to a 1st
You're the one kidding yourself if you believe that crap.

Also, getting 65 in a first year doesn't mean he'll get 2:1 for every single year.
searching123job
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Xarao)
You're the one kidding yourself if you believe that crap.

Also, getting 65 in a first year doesn't mean he'll get 2:1 for every single year.
Ok, you can carry on believing all sorts of grade meddling isnt occuring, you’re just closing your eyes to the facts

Grades have risen drastically, and they are unexplained. We have accounts of many people talking their way into higher classifications and lecturers being pressured into awarding 1sts etc
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ok, you can carry on believing all sorts of grade meddling isnt occuring, you’re just closing your eyes to the facts

Grades have risen drastically, and they are unexplained. We have accounts of many people talking their way into higher classifications and lecturers being pressured into awarding 1sts etc
That's been happening for decades and you're only complaining about it now?

I couldn't care less if someone with a 68.5 average got a first instead of a 2:1, boo hoo.
marinade
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes. Chapeau.
searching123job
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Point is, it’s getting way out of hand now

And now we have all these graduates leaving university, thinking they are somehow special but are hoepeless in the workplace and dont know basic English and maths

But it’s ok, let’s all delude ourselves into thinking that we are all champions
(Original post by Xarao)
That's been happening for decades and you're only complaining about it now?

I couldn't care less if someone with a 68.5 average got a first instead of a 2:1, boo hoo.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Point is, it’s getting way out of hand now

And now we have all these graduates leaving university, thinking they are somehow special but are hoepeless in the workplace and dont know basic English and maths

But it’s ok, let’s all delude ourselves into thinking that we are all champions
No it's not. This happens every year at graduation time (basically this month) because a bunch of first class students think that it's unfair because they apparently worked so hard for their grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.54%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.11%

Watched Threads