Student accommodation deposit Watch

Nikmar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is a deposit needed to pre book student accommodation prior to the student getting their grades on 15th August?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nikmar)
Is a deposit needed to pre book student accommodation prior to the student getting their grades on 15th August?
Have you looked on their website?

Yes its £200
Nikmar
Rep:
?
Many other students applying to other uni’s have told that they don’t need to pay a deposit. So why does Bedfordshire expect a deposit before grades are received?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Many other students applying to other uni’s have told that they don’t need to pay a deposit. So why does Bedfordshire expect a deposit before grades are received?
To keep your place in the accomodation?
You will have to pay it at some point regardless if its now or in august
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
All unis have different rules so what happens at other unis isn't very relevant
Nikmar
Rep:
?
Ok thanks for your comments. I’m new to this. I have twins going to different universities. So wasn’t sure what was normal? One without a deposit and one with.
So if my child does not get their grades...? Or changes their mind, Will we get the deposit back?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ok thanks for your comments. I’m new to this. I have twins going to different universities. So wasn’t sure what was normal? One without a deposit and one with.
So if my child does not get their grades...? Or changes their mind, Will we get the deposit back?
Yes, deposits are there incase any damage is done. If there is then the cost of damage comes out of the deposit.
All money from the deposit will always be returned back unless there is damage
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (128)
60.66%
No (83)
39.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise