Is 4AS levels better than 3 for university? Watch

telkov
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
We've all heard that 4A-levels isn't necessarily better than 3, so I recently made the decision to drop one subject (I actually asked a question a couple of hours ago about it - I'm quite anxious), but now I wonder if I should've stuck with four but dropped one at AS? Would this help me apply for university because many others will have also achieved for As in AS level, even if they drop one the next year.
For the record, my choices were bio/chem/geog/computer science, and I dropped computer science, but now I'm unsure if I should have waited to drop it after AS.
I just feel kinda stupid now because all my friends are doing 4 (and most people at my school) and I am one of the top students (don't mean to sound arrogant), so it feels odd to be doing 'less' or the 'easier' option
Juju_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Personally I would have kept the 4th subject until after AS, universities only look at your top 3. However after university having 4 subjects at AS or A-Level looks better when applying for jobs, especially computer science as ICT skills are sought after by employers in the modern world. Hope this helped (:
Juju_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Also while universities won't not accept you due to 3 subjects and no AS it will help you stand out against other top tier students going for the same competitive places.
(Original post by Juju_)
Personally I would have kept the 4th subject until after AS, universities only look at your top 3. However after university having 4 subjects at AS or A-Level looks better when applying for jobs, especially computer science as ICT skills are sought after by employers in the modern world. Hope this helped (:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed