Nottingham Trent Sport Engineering Watch

Dr.Straw
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
It has come to my attention that the course I have applied for "sport engineering" has not yet been accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology. When can I expect this to change from simply seeking accreditation to being accredited as I feel as if though this is very important for any course.

I would quite like to also speak to any previous students of this course if this is available.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Dr.Straw)
It has come to my attention that the course I have applied for "sport engineering" has not yet been accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology. When can I expect this to change from simply seeking accreditation to being accredited as I feel as if though this is very important for any course.

I would quite like to also speak to any previous students of this course if this is available.
Various Engineering institutes will accredit certain University courses if there's a certain amount of core engineering modules within its infrastructure. The problem being is that there was a time when they were handing them out to pretty much any University Engineering course, so the accreditations lost their status. Now they're a lot stricter on who they'll give their official "Approval Stamp" to. Have you checked the syllabus for various Thermodynamics modules etc.? I know Nottingham Trent had a very good Law School, but I'm not sure on their Design or Engineering reputation.

I know the Sports Technology course at Loughborough University IS accredited by the Institution of Engineering Technology, but you have to remember that it was the first course of this nature in the country... besides, it combines the Universities reputations for both sports and Engineering... so it already had the best of both worlds.

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/underg...chnology-beng/

I don't think there's anything from stopping you from applying to becom e a member of the Institution of Engineering Technology yourself (independently) is there?
Last edited by Old Skool Freak; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 30 Jan '20

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.9%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (69)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (395)
57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.14%

Watched Threads