Not eating. But why am I getting pains in my thighs, arms and legs? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is this normal?
It feels like I've been exercising hence my body aches but this is not the case.

Thanks
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you been lying in funny positions or sleeping strangely?
Could be because of that
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
If you're not eating or not eating much, this is probably lactic acid build up I believe. I similarly don't eat much and exercise a lot and I get these types of aches quite often.
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Muscle tissue is catabolized to release energy when you're not eating. It hurts. I wouldn't say it's "normal", but it's an appropriate bodily process.
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why are you not eating?
hadiqaax_127
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
they are body cramps
cyiarik
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its caused by low potassium, it is not ideal and it can be dangerous in severe circumstances (i.e. chronically not getting enough nutrition, as occurs in anorexia/bulimia). Perhaps eat something healthy but rich in nutrients like a banana?
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is this normal?
It feels like I've been exercising hence my body aches but this is not the case.

Thanks
Your answer is in the title. Your body needs food to function especially if you are doing exercise. It's how it fuels muscles, keeps your organs running and generally makes sure you're alive. Just having enough food that you don't drop dead isn't enough either. There are certain vitamins and other bits in foods that do different things to keep your body running. Without the right amount your body will suffer. There are various vitamins and other things that if you don't have enough can cause pains. Also water. Your muscles need to stay wet to work.

If you're having a hard time eating or feel like you are eating reasonably but are still getting symptoms like this I would go see your GP. They will probably do some things like blood tests to see what's going on. Otherwise, make sure you are eating a good amount before exercise and make sure you're getting a reasonable balance in your diet as well as enough to drink.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JamesThomaaas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Not eating is a bad way to solve the problem.
You check your weight and eat more vegies and fruits!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads