films and TV shows effecting mental health ? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
A bit of a weird post, but hey.
not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but worth a go.
Does anyone else find it difficult to watch films or TV shows ? Anyone else try put themselves in characters shoes far too much to the point it effects them mentally ?.
I struggle with this quite a bit. I can watch a TV show or film and say they've been cheated on etc, I'll feel that and it'll effect me for at least the rest of the day, as if I've been cheated on and it gets me down. Or if they lost someone. Or even suicide/self harm stuff.
It's annoying because you don't always know what's going to happen in a film or series.and I absolutely love watching TV and films. But sometimes it just gets so super down , to the point I don't want to leave my room and it can last a while too.
I can sometimes even just question my own relationship...?? I'm not sure if it's all just series and films, but I know that it does effect me watching that stuff.
So just wanted to see if I'm the only one ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
StormyOcean
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, yes you aren't the only one. This is something I really struggle with so rarely watch TV any more. Having PTSD I can be triggered badly by TV but also I am an empath so I can easily feel what they feel. Best advice I can give is to avoid certain types of programmes until you are in a better head space. If there is something I really want to watch but I'm afraid I will react negatively to it I will have a look online to see if there are any elements that could be difficult for me to watch. IMDb have a section for all their movies and shows under parents guide which tells you all the "bad" stuff that happens. It is obviously aimed at parents so some of it is no use but it does warn you if there are scenes with really violent, intense or upsetting content
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.81%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.73%
No I am happy with my course choice (507)
59.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.44%

Watched Threads