Who would be in your fantasy cabinet? Watch

Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Inspired by a thread from a couple of years back that I came across clearing out my watched threads, and given we're going to be having a new PM and a new cabinet this month...who would you have in your fantasy cabinet (or shadow cabinet)?

Serious and less serious suggestions welcome – and it doesn't necessarily have to be a Tory cabinet if you don't want.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Prime Minister - Michael Gove
First Secretary of State - Lord Hague
Foreign Sec - Jeremy Hunt
Chancellor - Dominic Raab
Chief Sec - Lizz Truss
Home Sec - Theresa May
Defense Sec - Phillip Hammond
Lord Chancellor (Justice) - Geoffrey Cox
Health Sec - Matt Hancock
Communities Sec - Rory Stewart
Environment Sec - Sajid Javid
Business, Innovation and Skills - Lord Willets
Work and Pensions - Steven Crabb
Education Sec - Nicky Morgan
Constitutional Affairs - Goldsmith

I would have a senior economic panel to make policy containing Lord Willets and Lord Alexander along with George Osbourne and Bernanke.
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Dolly Parton, Mo Salah, Richard & Judy, and maybe Maura from Love Island
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
A passage through into Narnia.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Chief Sec - Lizz Truss
Home Sec - Theresa May

I would have a senior economic panel to make policy containing Lord Willets and Lord Alexander along with George Osbourne and Bernanke.
Lol are you for real, George 'punishment budget' Osborne a senior economic policy creator!

I laughed so loud lol
Alt Tankie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Chief Sec - Lizz Truss
Home Sec - Theresa May

Flawless. The personification of everything wrong with the so called ‘conservative’ Party.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Fabulous Finn
Rudolph the red nosed reindeer
Sebastian the crab
Elizabeth Taylor
Jack Monroe
James Martin
Meena Pathak
Vivek Singh
Ms Cupcake
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Ed Gein
Aileen Wuornos
Mr Kipling
Ensorcell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Prime Minister - Stephen Fry
First Secretary of State - Benedict Cumberbatch
Environment Sec - David Attenborough
Lord Chancellor - Tom Ellis
Communities Sec - Tom Holland
Chancellor - Brian Cox
and so on 😂
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Lol are you for real, George 'punishment budget' Osborne a senior economic policy creator!

I laughed so loud lol
As a policy advisor he'd not be bad. The evonomic performance from 2012 was good and he was political rather than technocratic. His Brexit view is somewhat irelevant.
(Original post by Alt Tankie)
Flawless. The personification of everything wrong with the so called ‘conservative’ Party.
I tried to keep it semi-realistic selecting mainly from the leadership candidates where possible but please highlight who and why you have issue.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Jimmy Nail
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
As a policy advisor he'd not be bad. The evonomic performance from 2012 was good and he was political rather than technocratic. His Brexit view is somewhat irelevant.

I tried to keep it semi-realistic selecting mainly from the leadership candidates where possible but please highlight who and why you have issue.
Well we are going to have to agree to differ mate, I personally don't like any on your list but I really dont like the Tories.

I don't think bar the meat and bones issues of society we will agree on much, but I respect your opinion.
Alt Tankie
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago

Well they’re all social and economic liberals (basically neocons ultra zionists ) so I disagree with them on a fundamental ideological basis not other than that.,

On a personal level though

Gove- I believe that most politicians
and journalists are reasonable people who although they have views I disagree with mean well. Everything about Gove screams psychopath to me. Plus he’d probably go to war With Iran.

Theresa May: Useless and wrong about pretty much everything. Hammond, Bone
or Mogg would be far superior

This list tells me you think the status quo is wonderful and you support mass privatisation and greater LGBTQ rights (and should bomb countries that don’t do the same). You also must really hate the Working Class.
Last edited by Alt Tankie; 2 days ago
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Jessica Rabbit
Djtoodles
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Me and only me with unlimited power and absolute authority. I would fix the country in a couple of years.
Last edited by Djtoodles; 2 days ago
fish finger fan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
PM- Ainsley Harriott
rest of cabinet- made up of the monster raving loony party.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Well they’re all social and economic liberals (basically neocons ultra zionists ) so I disagree with them on a fundamental ideological basis not other than that.,

On a personal level though

Gove- I believe that most politicians
and journalists are reasonable people who although they have views I disagree with mean well. Everything about Gove screams psychopath to me. Plus he’d probably go to war With Iran.

Theresa May: Useless and wrong about pretty much everything. Hammond, Bone
or Mogg would be far superior

This list tells me you think the status quo is wonderful and you support mass privatisation and greater LGBTQ rights (and should bomb countries that don’t do the same). You also must really hate the Working Class.
Dont much care for social policy but yeah, i am a neocon.

I dont personally view the status quo as good enough but given that many of people i selected are reformist you cant really say much, i am an actual white, working class person born of the unemployed.
Alt Tankie
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Dont much care for social policy but yeah, i am a neocon.

I dont personally view the status quo as good enough but given that many of people i selected are reformist you cant really say much, i am an actual white, working class person born of the unemployed.
So why do you think we should spend billions of pounds bombing countries we don’t like? Surely we could spend the money better elsewhere, not kill largely innocent people.,I mean you’re not even good at regime change😂 - Iraq and Syria are now full proxy states of Iran and Russia now (thank god)

If you don’t think the status quo is good enough why are you voting in the same political clique that have been running the country into the dirt since the 70s???

Reformist? You think they’ve changed anything? The only thing I can think of are a crap vanity projects that are money drains such as the useless and unpopular PCCs and academies , or teaching the police to use twitter and lock up people who say mean things on the internet.

Psychoanalysis is typically garbage but I think it’s clear in your case your upbringing has warped you into favouring policies that hurt people with your background.

Some people are naturally parasitical scroungers but they are an obvious minority and sixty years ago before Reagan would have been social pariahs. The feckless unemployed are not that way due to a welfare safety net but because big capitalists took away their livelihoods and outsourced their jobs (as well as flood the market with cheap labour)
Last edited by Alt Tankie; 2 days ago
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
So why do you think we should spend billions of pounds bombing countries we don’t like? Surely we could spend the money better elsewhere, not kill largely innocent people.,I mean you’re not even good at regime change😂 - Iraq and Syria are now full proxy states of Iran and Russia now (thank god)

If you don’t think the status quo is good enough why are you voting in the same political clique that have been running the country into the dirt since the 70s???

Reformist? You think they’ve changed anything? The only thing I can think of are a crap vanity projects that are money drains such as the useless and unpopular PCCs and academies , or teaching the police to use twitter and lock up people who say mean things on the internet.

Psychoanalysis is typically garbage but I think it’s clear in your case your upbringing has warped you into favouring policies that hurt people with your background.

Some people are naturally parasitical scroungers but they are an obvious minority and sixty years ago before Reagan would have been social pariahs. The feckless unemployed are not that way due to a welfare safety net but because big capitalists took away their livelihoods and outsourced their jobs (as well as flood the market with cheap labour)
I believe in the supremecy of market democracy and am not opposed to its spread however in the cases mentioned, there needed to be a plan. Our priority now should be match Russian investment in sea and air capacity (we have greater tax revenues at our disposal).

Most of the things you mentioned here are sonewhat irelevant to what has been proposed by some of them. Willets and Gove for example are allied to many less conventional causes.

Your somewhat correct here and i do believe in monoculturalism and opposing diversity. Once we have left the EU i also fully support using our freedom from state aid rules to discriminate in favour of British Business.

My class does not define me. I believe in the market because i believe in aspiration. I may have been born poor and will probably beat average and be a homeowner as my greatest achievement but my children will not, they will be allowed to a private school and will elevate themselves to top jobs.
Last edited by Rakas21; 2 days ago
Alt Tankie
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I believe in the supremecy of market democracy and am not opposed to its spread however in the cases mentioned, there needed to be a plan. Our priority now should be match Russian investment in sea and air capacity (we have greater tax revenues at our disposal).

Most of the things you mentioned here are sonewhat irelevant to what has been proposed by some of them. Willets and Gove for example are allied to many less conventional causes.

Your somewhat correct here and i do believe in monoculturalism and opposing diversity. Once we have left the EU i also fully support using our freedom from state aid rules to discriminate in favour of British Business.

My class does not define me. I believe in the market because i believe in aspiration. I may have been born poor and will probably beat average and be a homeowner as my greatest achievement but my children will not, they will be allowed to a private school and will elevate themselves to top jobs.
Why should you or anything else in the U.K. care how say Venezuela chooses to run their country? Shouldn’t it be up to them?

Pretty sure Gove and Willets Support academies and PCCs... ok what massive changes have any of these people made that have benefitted you?

Well the free flow of goods leads inevitably to the flow of people. If you don’t like multiculturalism you should not support capitalism. Compare and contrast say Poland with the U.K. Capitalism has achieved what Early Communism could not and destroyed borders, the church and the family! Those who support these things should be against capitalism!!

Your market democracy (liberal tyranny) will prevent you from favouring British business just as it’s going to stop/ punish you from leaving the EU (it’s odd that you seem to support brexit seeing as the EU is your ideology in a nutshell! )

Your class defines you whether you like it or not, just as your race and gender do.do you work on advertising? That’s all aspiration is, a fantasy for most people. Unless you are the privileged few
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads