2019/20 Rugby Union World Cup and Season Thread Watch

Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
The build-up to the World Cup starts very soon indeed, with the Rugby Championship kicking off a week on Saturday. The World Cup will be here before we know it, followed by the new club season after that.

Earlier on today I made a prediction for the World Cup, which surprised even me making it – having worked through the knockout stage I think the final will be Wales v New Zealand.

So let's try and keep the rugby union chat on TSR in one place, and get ourselves excited for the proper world cup in a few weeks' time!
Toki the Dumdum
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
And it's finally underway!

Thankfully Japan won today. Nerves, I hope, was the factor inhibiting their performance. Next up for them is Ireland and with two days extra to rest they have a shout at an upset.

What a couple of days we're now in for. Easier to note the one game I'm not excited for (Italy - Namibia) than list the other five.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Toki the Dumdum)
And it's finally underway!

Thankfully Japan won today. Nerves, I hope, was the factor inhibiting their performance. Next up for them is Ireland and with two days extra to rest they have a shout at an upset.

What a couple of days we're now in for. Easier to note the one game I'm not excited for (Italy - Namibia) than list the other five.
It is a brilliant weekend of rugby – though I don't think there's one that will quite match this one until the quarters.
Toki the Dumdum
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
It is a brilliant weekend of rugby – though I don't think there's one that will quite match this one until the quarters.
Yeah. The final weekend of the groups seems to have a similar number of games but not the same big matchups as today/tomorrow.

Fiji - Aus was fun. Aus quality came through over the whole game. I really cannot understand why the TMO did not get involved in the Reece tackle though. Red card all day under the current directives. Why, why, why! Rugby does itself no favours at all too often with obvious reffing missteps.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ireland looking strong at least in the first half of that match, though surely the number of injuries is a worry.
Toki the Dumdum
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well done Japan. By far the better team during that game.

#1 team at the tournament outset falling to the hosts. Love it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.38%
No (213)
76.62%

Watched Threads