The Student Room Group

Why do strangers or my peers not want to speak/sit nexr to me?

Is it because I am ugly?
is this like people wont sit next to you in an empty room or chooses to sit next to other people over you or just tries to sit furthest away from you? as for reasons it literally could be anything or it could be nothing, not enough info to give a definite answer
it is not really possible to say without further information.
Reply 3
Original post by margiekins
is this like people wont sit next to you in an empty room or chooses to sit next to other people over you or just tries to sit furthest away from you? as for reasons it literally could be anything or it could be nothing, not enough info to give a definite answer

lecture hall nobody will sit with me, during breaks nobody will approach me. whenever i try to speak to someone they give me no eye contact and just want to finish the convo with me ASAP
Original post by Anonymous
lecture hall nobody will sit with me, during breaks nobody will approach me. whenever i try to speak to someone they give me no eye contact and just want to finish the convo with me ASAP

Im guessing if its in lecture hall they are just there to learn so maybe prefer sitting by themselves or with friends rather than with someone they dont talk to. As for breaks unless its the beginning of the year or someone wants something from you, people will rarely approach you as they already have their own things to do or are with friends so wont randomly go up to someone they dont know. I would suggest that you initiate the convo instead but if you are having the issue of people wanting to cut the convo off quickly then maybe you might be coming across strong? would you say you are intimidating? also they might just be busy and it might not be anything personal at all, like for example If I was just walking around and some random guy started talking to me I might behave the same if I didnt know the person.

Quick Reply

Latest