marine biology vs biomedical science Watch

caseyannedwards
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
i have always loved marine biology, and have always known that it is what i wanted to study at university. Because of this, I have never even glanced at any other courses - until now. After visiting a couple of university open days and really starting to think about uni seriously I thought I would do a bit of extra research on some unis I would like to consider for marine bio and I also wanted to scroll through the list of courses just to make sure I was happy with marine bio. Biomedical sciences immediately caught my eye and after reading about what it entails, the different modules involved, career progression and opportunities I have fallen in LOVE with the idea of doing biomed. Obviously because I'd never looked at anything other than marine bio in the past, i had never even considered biomed. i feel really unsure what to do... the idea of not doing marine bio doesnt seem like much of a big deal anymore tbh, almost like the passion is gone, and yet i feel so excited about biomed. BUT IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO MARINE BIO. help! im not sure what the right path is...
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by caseyannedwards)
i have always loved marine biology, and have always known that it is what i wanted to study at university. Because of this, I have never even glanced at any other courses - until now. After visiting a couple of university open days and really starting to think about uni seriously I thought I would do a bit of extra research on some unis I would like to consider for marine bio and I also wanted to scroll through the list of courses just to make sure I was happy with marine bio. Biomedical sciences immediately caught my eye and after reading about what it entails, the different modules involved, career progression and opportunities I have fallen in LOVE with the idea of doing biomed. Obviously because I'd never looked at anything other than marine bio in the past, i had never even considered biomed. i feel really unsure what to do... the idea of not doing marine bio doesnt seem like much of a big deal anymore tbh, almost like the passion is gone, and yet i feel so excited about biomed. BUT IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO MARINE BIO. help! im not sure what the right path is...
Well seeing your post here, you definitely shouldn't be applying to do Medicine.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...358&highlight=
caseyannedwards
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
haha i see the confusion, my sister is considering medicine not me... please ignore this post as it is her question and not mine
(Original post by ecolier)
Well seeing your post here, you definitely shouldn't be applying to do Medicine.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...358&highlight=
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.04%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (392)
56.98%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (97)
14.1%

Watched Threads