Camping Trip Help Watch

plasticbox
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi,

I'm looking to go camping with my boyfriend in august but neither of us have ever been camping before :s

So I was wondering:

- What roughly is the cost for a week or less?
- What are the good cheap places to go camping?
- And finally what do you need to bring

Thanks for the help and just wish I knew more about camping
margiekins
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
the cost would depend on where in the uk you were going and what time of year and obv school holidays are more expensive. Cheaper places I would prob say the south west, however you can still get more expensive places there if you go closer to more popular areas like weymouth or lyme regis. If you are going in a tent, then definitely bring a tent. Also you will prob have electricity so bring lights, fridge, food (basically the basics) also make sure to check if they have public toilets cus some wont so you would have to bring your own toilet.
plasticbox
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by margiekins)
the cost would depend on where in the uk you were going and what time of year and obv school holidays are more expensive. Cheaper places I would prob say the south west, however you can still get more expensive places there if you go closer to more popular areas like weymouth or lyme regis. If you are going in a tent, then definitely bring a tent. Also you will prob have electricity so bring lights, fridge, food (basically the basics) also make sure to check if they have public toilets cus some wont so you would have to bring your own toilet.
Ah thanks that is helpful, I'll try looking into south west then. Currently looking at tents, is three berth right, whatever berth means And huh didn't know you could take a fridge but again helpful, thanks
SillyFish
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by plasticbox)
Hi,

I'm looking to go camping with my boyfriend in august but neither of us have ever been camping before :s

So I was wondering:

- What roughly is the cost for a week or less?
- What are the good cheap places to go camping?
- And finally what do you need to bring

Thanks for the help and just wish I knew more about camping
They may be undignified, but waterproof trousers are a MUST! You really don't want damp jeans or anything.
Also, wear light layers as they're warmer and easier to pack.
Matches can get damp so bring a lighter as back up.
Put some research into gas stoves.
SillyFish
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Also bring first aid (sterile dressings and aloe vera gel, plenty of sun cream) and always check your ankles for ticks after walking in long grass because they can carry lyme disease. If in doubt, tuck trousers into socks.
(Original post by SillyFish)
They may be undignified, but waterproof trousers are a MUST! You really don't want damp jeans or anything.
Also, wear light layers as they're warmer and easier to pack.
Matches can get damp so bring a lighter as back up.
Put some research into gas stoves.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.14%
No I am happy with my course choice (404)
56.9%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.23%

Watched Threads