How to not look disappointed? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Whenever I lose like a small minor competition that I don’t consciously care about I look extremely disappointed for a good five minutes. I didn’t care about it back then but in sixth form inductions I probably give the impression that I am petty. Any simple tips to not look disappoint as I’m kind of embarrassing myself at this rate??
Thanks
-Quava-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
That's because you are disappointed.
You need to change up that mindset that you always need to be no.1 at everything (mainly minor things) and then naturally, you won't feel as disappointed with yourself so you won't look as disappointed with yourself.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Whenever I lose like a small minor competition that I don’t consciously care about I look extremely disappointed for a good five minutes. I didn’t care about it back then but in sixth form inductions I probably give the impression that I am petty. Any simple tips to not look disappoint as I’m kind of embarrassing myself at this rate??
Thanks
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
That’s true but is it a bad thing to want to be no.1 at everything?
(Original post by -Quava-)
That's because you are disappointed.
You need to change up that mindset that you always need to be no.1 at everything (mainly minor things) and then naturally, you won't feel as disappointed with yourself so you won't look as disappointed with yourself.
-Quava-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
In my opinion, yes.
If it is a small and fun competition like you said, then take a step back and enjoy yourself and learn from the experience.

You don't need to top others, you need to top yourself.
(Original post by Anonymous)
That’s true but is it a bad thing to want to be no.1 at everything?
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It is okay to be competitive but you then have to be sporting about losing. May the best man win and all that.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Thanks! I'll try
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.14%
No I am happy with my course choice (404)
56.9%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.23%

Watched Threads