Wanting to take the hijab off Watch

tiredofmpharm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey Guys,

Title pretty much sums it all up. I hate wearing it and I want to take it off but my parents will freak. Its not like I am young either but circumstances won't allow me to move out anytime soon.
I am tired of living a double life, of leaving the house with the hijab on and then removing it when I am outside.

I don't know what to do but I know that I can't life on like this.
Findingfayy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yikes, that sounds really tough I'm sorry. If you still feel like you have a connection to the religion and believe in it, but you just don't care for the hijab, you could try and persuade your parents that you can still be a fab muslim and not wear the hijab, I've seen and heard of plenty of other women who are perfectly religious but choose not to wear certain garments. I don't know much about islam so I'm not sure if there was something else you could demonstrate to your parents to show dedication to the religion minus the hijab. I also thought you were allowed to not wear them in your homes anyway but it'll be different for each family ig.

However if you're not feeling a connection to the religion after all I'm not too sure because sounds like your parents would not like that. I guess do the above but lie that you still have faith, as awful as it is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads