Struggling with a girl -> Need Advice Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I met this girl almost a year ago in this social event and had a group of us and we all became friends. I had a little crush on her but that was it at the time, as time goes, I told the boys in our group.

A couple of weeks later, she found out that I liked her via an awkward reason. After that, she didn't speak to me much but I thought that was because she was socially awkward. Her friend went on holiday so I tried to make her comfortable around me which, now that I look at. I tried too hard and I was stupid. She knows I like her but I've been told she doesn't like me back.

Anyways, after school started, our group didn't talk much but I'd occasionally see her at the train station, at first, we'd always give each other a nod to show we each other, but now, even if she sees me, she tries to look away and not notice me.

Whenever I text her, she doesn't really reply with long answers and often answers with one worded answer. For example, I'd ask if she's fine because she was ill and she'd reply with yes.

I don't really know what to do now, even though I still kinda have a crush on her, I still want to stay as friends and not make it awkward forever. I want to be able to be good friends with her and be able to talk to her without her replying with one worded answers or just even meet up. Every time I ask her to meet up she always has a reason to say no. I understand that though because her reasons are genuine.

I know most of you are going to say "Move on" but I really want to make it less awkward and be friends and be able to talk or be close as good friends. Any advice would be nice but I don't want anything on the lines of "move on"
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You are not going to get the answer you want - can you not take a hint.

In my experience - which admittedly is not vast - the best way to attract someone is to be involved with someone else - that old jealousy thing - happened to me on several occasions. Also my husband - his ex wife not interested in him until we got together and then when we did she went all out to get him back.... failed miserably thank goodness
(Original post by Anonymous)
I met this girl almost a year ago in this social event and had a group of us and we all became friends. I had a little crush on her but that was it at the time, as time goes, I told the boys in our group.

A couple of weeks later, she found out that I liked her via an awkward reason. After that, she didn't speak to me much but I thought that was because she was socially awkward. Her friend went on holiday so I tried to make her comfortable around me which, now that I look at. I tried too hard and I was stupid. She knows I like her but I've been told she doesn't like me back.

Anyways, after school started, our group didn't talk much but I'd occasionally see her at the train station, at first, we'd always give each other a nod to show we each other, but now, even if she sees me, she tries to look away and not notice me.

Whenever I text her, she doesn't really reply with long answers and often answers with one worded answer. For example, I'd ask if she's fine because she was ill and she'd reply with yes.

I don't really know what to do now, even though I still kinda have a crush on her, I still want to stay as friends and not make it awkward forever. I want to be able to be good friends with her and be able to talk to her without her replying with one worded answers or just even meet up. Every time I ask her to meet up she always has a reason to say no. I understand that though because her reasons are genuine.

I know most of you are going to say "Move on" but I really want to make it less awkward and be friends and be able to talk or be close as good friends. Any advice would be nice but I don't want anything on the lines of "move on"
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I don't think you can "force" her to be friends with you. Regardless of the relationship "type" (e.g. romantic or platonic).it has to be something both of you want. IMHO, when a girl has decided you're not worth knowing (for whatever reason), it's very difficult (if not impossible) to change her mind. Realistically, I think your best chance is to give her some space (by this I mean drop off her radar completely), and you can try re-introducing yourself again as a fresh face at some point in the distant future.

BTW, I'm not guaranteeing that will work, but I think that's all you can do... any attempts to contact her will just make you look like a stalker who can't take no for an answer... worst case scenario, you'll get accused of harassment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads