TEFL help Watch

Rhaegart
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi guys, I have really wanted to do a TEFL course for a while now but I don't really understand where to start. I know I want a course that will allow me to teach abroad (so one that is at least 180 hours) and one where I can teach online. I also want to buy an online course.

However I don't really know which website to buy the course from. There is so many different website and I don't know which ones are legit, they all say they're accredited but the prices are all so different. Like there are some from groupon that are crazy cheap in comparison to others.

Does anyone have any idea, what I should do?
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Rhaegart)
Hi guys, I have really wanted to do a TEFL course for a while now but I don't really understand where to start. I know I want a course that will allow me to teach abroad (so one that is at least 180 hours) and one where I can teach online. I also want to buy an online course.

However I don't really know which website to buy the course from. There is so many different website and I don't know which ones are legit, they all say they're accredited but the prices are all so different. Like there are some from groupon that are crazy cheap in comparison to others.

Hey, sorry you haven't had an answer to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon

Did you have any luck finding a course? A friend of mine is doing TEFL, so I can try to find out where they got their course from if not! :yep:
Rhaegart
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Hey, sorry you haven't had an answer to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon

Did you have any luck finding a course? A friend of mine is doing TEFL, so I can try to find out where they got their course from if not! :yep:
I haven't had any luck so far and if you could ask that would be so helpful!!!
KittKatt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Honestly I would say it depends where you want to go in the world.

I did a 140 hour course with Tefl.org.uk; 120hours online and 20hour weekend course. I found it was more than enough for most places in Asia/South America. But a lot of places in Europe aren't as keen on online qualifications - they prefer something like a CELTA; which is (I think!) a three ish month in person course.
(Original post by Rhaegart)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.14%
No I am happy with my course choice (404)
56.9%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed