The Student Room Group

Would Any University Accept Me With These UCAS Points/Grades?

During 2014-2017, I earned these grades:

Pearson BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary in Creative Media Production - Pass
UAL Level 3 in Creative Media Production - Pass

Pearson BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate - Pass
Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Certificate - Double grade Pass at level 2

I used the UCAS calculator. "extended" and "first" certificates didn't appear on the calculator but I don't think much difference would be made. My final score is 68.

Another thread post proclaimed that 220 isn't even high enough to get into a respectable establishment. Will any university accept me for that manner? Is the whole possibility of Higher Education completely out of my realm of possibility?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Access Course is always a possibility.
I've never heard of this before but thanks for informing me. I think this whole situation is terrible since my teacher in Creative Media Production told me he only gave good grades to people he liked. What injustice.
Original post by gjd800
Access Course is always a possibility.
Reply 3
Original post by Jackknifedjug
I've never heard of this before but thanks for informing me. I think this whole situation is terrible since my teacher in Creative Media Production told me he only gave good grades to people he liked. What injustice.

Seriously? If he wasn't joking that is unforgivable.

Aye Access Courses are godsends for non-traditional entry. Means it takes an extra year, but it's worth it.
Reply 4
Because you are a creative I would email some unis you are interested in.They tend to be more interested in portfolios of work rather than UCAS points.My daughter only had 80 ucas points but was doing a FAD when she applied.She got 5 interviews and 4 offers.Just email them your qualifications and ask if you would be eligible.She did not even need the FAD as was given two unconditionals.Nothing to lose by asking.
He said that wholeheartedly and he conveyed an unconditional bias to award me nothing but passes for every single unit. Every one of my courses have included two main teachers - - one of whom solely awarded passes, and the other who gave only merits. Unfortunately, only one sub grade pulled me back from getting a merit on both of my Creative Media courses. Maybe I would be eligible for the minimum grades. I feel like a gardener checking on your prized selection of small plants and finding out that they're synthetic (bad analogy but still). if not for that vindictive teacher who openly stated to me that he transgresses the rules of grading for personal reasons, I could apply for at least the minimum requirement universities. Maybe then would my shame regress; I've never felt anything like it until yesterday.
Original post by gjd800
Seriously? If he wasn't joking that is unforgivable.

Aye Access Courses are godsends for non-traditional entry. Means it takes an extra year, but it's worth it.
That was very uplifting to read that anecdote regarding your daughter. I hope she continues to excel.

Does this portfolio method work for writing, particularly creative writing or journalism? I have written for a few gaming outlets - - one of them has millions of followers across Facebook, YouTube, etc. Maybe I could include poetry too?
Original post by Scotney
Because you are a creative I would email some unis you are interested in.They tend to be more interested in portfolios of work rather than UCAS points.My daughter only had 80 ucas points but was doing a FAD when she applied.She got 5 interviews and 4 offers.Just email them your qualifications and ask if you would be eligible.She did not even need the FAD as was given two unconditionals.Nothing to lose by asking.
Reply 7
I do not know but don't ask don't get! I was certainly worried with all the tariff point stuff but just email the departments and see what they say. At worst they will point you in right direction to get where you want. Goodluck!
Original post by Jackknifedjug
That was very uplifting to read that anecdote regarding your daughter. I hope she continues to excel.

Does this portfolio method work for writing, particularly creative writing or journalism? I have written for a few gaming outlets - - one of them has millions of followers across Facebook, YouTube, etc. Maybe I could include poetry too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending