Can i get into UK universities with correspondence/part time degree? Watch

randomg055
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So, I am from India and, I graduated with a third class in B.Com. I want to get into a UK university but I know I can't so I decided to pursue M.Com here in India to improve my grades. But I can't get admission in college because of my poor grades. So I have decided to complete the course directly through the university. Is there any chance of me getting in a UK university after that? Or is it over for me?

Edit: I forgot to mention I have 2 years gap because I got a job.
Last edited by randomg055; 5 days ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by randomg055)
So, I am from India and, I graduated with a third class in B.Com. I want to get into a UK university but I know I can't so I decided to pursue M.Com here in India to improve my grades. But I can't get admission in college because of my poor grades. So I have decided to complete the course directly through the university. Is there any chance of me getting in a UK university after that? Or is it over for me?
Each university decides what qualifications it finds acceptable.

As an example.
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergra...qualifications

If its not either of those, then you need to contact the uni you are interested in and ask.

You have 2 issues. If the qualification is weak they might not accept it.
If your grades are weak they may not accept it.

Depending on your grades then you might have been better just doing international versions of A levels. Everyone understands where they are from and everyone accepts them. The fact they are by correspondence would make no difference as long as the exams are taken at a n independent public exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads