Should I just reply to my offers? Watch

sunduvan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
#1
Hi, there!

So, I’m in a bit of a panic here because the deadline to reply to my offers is on the 18th of July. I am an international student who applied to Strathclyde and Swansea; I submitted my application through UCAS early May and I’ve been given conditional offers from both unis.

The conditions that I was subjected to were only to upload academic transcripts/IELTS result and copy of my passport, which I’ve emailed to the admissions office. They’ve notified my agent and I that they’ve received it cause phone calls have been made regarding that. Thing is I’m supposed to wait for my conditional to change to unconditional before I can reply to my offers and I don’t know who is taking longer to assess and update everything, UCAS or the unis?? And it has been almost a month since the documents were submitted and the last phone call was on Monday :/

I am getting very very anxious about this because I still have to wait for them to issue a CAS and I have a visa to worry about. Should I just reply to my offers if there are still no updates by the 18th? Should I also keep calling and maybe send them an email?
0
reply
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#2
Report 6 days ago
#2
(Original post by sunduvan)
Hi, there!

So, I’m in a bit of a panic here because the deadline to reply to my offers is on the 18th of July. I am an international student who applied to Strathclyde and Swansea; I submitted my application through UCAS early May and I’ve been given conditional offers from both unis.

The conditions that I was subjected to were only to upload academic transcripts/IELTS result and copy of my passport, which I’ve emailed to the admissions office. They’ve notified my agent and I that they’ve received it cause phone calls have been made regarding that. Thing is I’m supposed to wait for my conditional to change to unconditional before I can reply to my offers and I don’t know who is taking longer to assess and update everything, UCAS or the unis?? And it has been almost a month since the documents were submitted and the last phone call was on Monday :/

I am getting very very anxious about this because I still have to wait for them to issue a CAS and I have a visa to worry about. Should I just reply to my offers if there are still no updates by the 18th? Should I also keep calling and maybe send them an email?
There is no reason why you can't reply to your offers - while they are conditional, you can have a firm and then an insurance choice, so if you are rejected by the firm then you may be placed with your insurance (provided you meet their conditions). It seems you are fairly sure you have met the conditions anyway, so it's really just a case of waiting for the university to update Track.

If you would feel more comfortable having your offer changed to an unconditional prior to making a decision then you would need to contact the universities and get them to change the offer. This is up to the university, not UCAS. You need to emphasise to them that you need to sort out a visa therefore it is important that they get the offer changed to unconditional on UCAS Track. You can ask them what their timescale might be for getting this sorted.
1
reply
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#3
Report 6 days ago
#3
Hey sunduvan,

No need to panic!

You can definitely reply to your offers beforehand that's not a problem. Also please see the FAQ's on the CAS here: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/admissions...studies-(cas)/ for any other queries you have!

On the page too there is an admissions live chat and they will know more about your position and can help you figure out what to do next.

Let me know if you need anything else !

Beth
(Original post by sunduvan)
Hi, there!

So, I’m in a bit of a panic here because the deadline to reply to my offers is on the 18th of July. I am an international student who applied to Strathclyde and Swansea; I submitted my application through UCAS early May and I’ve been given conditional offers from both unis.

The conditions that I was subjected to were only to upload academic transcripts/IELTS result and copy of my passport, which I’ve emailed to the admissions office. They’ve notified my agent and I that they’ve received it cause phone calls have been made regarding that. Thing is I’m supposed to wait for my conditional to change to unconditional before I can reply to my offers and I don’t know who is taking longer to assess and update everything, UCAS or the unis?? And it has been almost a month since the documents were submitted and the last phone call was on Monday :/

I am getting very very anxious about this because I still have to wait for them to issue a CAS and I have a visa to worry about. Should I just reply to my offers if there are still no updates by the 18th? Should I also keep calling and maybe send them an email?
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads

View All