Why are Iran stirring up an issue? Watch

TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Pray tell how then
My point is that your flippant and rather childish remark on 'punishing' a country is rather questionable.
Flippant and childish how? Iran attempt to seize a British ship, and what, you think that we should just stand by and offer them some tea.

The manner in which they punished them was sufficient.

(Original post by Napp)
Because of your entirely false implication that there was a firefight, or just your mangling of the word.

See the previous comment.
I don't remember implying anything of the sort, still, why does it bother you that much that you focus mostly all your energy on it instead of the actual topic?

(Original post by Napp)
I'm not the one focusing on a single point. I've already made several points, as opposed to your foot stamping "they must be punished".
Well, so have I, which you have yet to answer, they must be punished, and they have, 'foot stamping'?

They did something wrong and they were punished, did you not learn that actions have consequences?
Last edited by TheNamesBond.; 1 week ago
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Flippant and childish
Stop now. You have reached the point where Napp has insulted you. There is little point going on. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of your respective arguments it was ever doomed to reach this point.
TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
Stop now. You have reached the point where Napp has insulted you. There is little point going on. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of your respective arguments it was ever doomed to reach this point.
Flippant, still not over that.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you back to stalking my comments again?
greatmonte
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
not getting involved but it is categorically true

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48871462

So what if they seized an Iranian ship, firstly, where is the source, from some second rate twitter news account, and let's say it's real, what do you expect them to do, wave them on by, if someone commits an action like Iran has, they must be punished.

Are you seriously going to debate what it was called, it said 'military clash' in the report, since you seem to care so much about accuracy, read it.

'And on Wednesday, a Royal Navy frigate trained its guns on three Iranian boats seeking to force an oil tanker off its route'.

Whether or not people were killed, it is still a clash of two militaries, you seem to be near to an argument where you're saying Iran wasn't even behind this, an unrelated group was.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Flippant and childish how? Iran attempt to seize a British ship, and what, you think that we should just stand by and offer them some tea.

The manner in which they punished them was sufficient.
How were they punished for this again sorry?

I don't remember implying anything of the sort, still, why does it bother you that much that you focus mostly all your energy on it instead of the actual topic?
Err?
Well, so have I, which you have yet to answer, they must be punished, and they have, 'foot stamping'?
Pray tell what point you have made i havent replied to...?
They did something wrong and they were punished, did you not learn that actions have consequences?
Again, how so?
So by the logic you just used Iran was completely justified in said action because the British took one of their ships...?
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Are you back to stalking my comments again?
I merely reflect my consistent experience in discussions with you.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I merely reflect my consistent experience in discussions with you.
Pot meet kettle :lol: Never mind i rarely have discussions with you. Discussion implies civility, a quality you give the impression of being bereft of in our previous encounters.
Last edited by Napp; 1 week ago
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
It's a touch hard to accept what does not exist, no?

Need one point out that the possession of a nuclear weapon is one thing. The ability to deliver it is quite another. Never mind the fact, as aforementioned, everyone is in universal agreement that Iran not only does not have nuclear weapons but has no active nuclear weapons plan.
Let me put it to you this way, how would you react if someone blew up a nuclear reactor in Britain on unfounded accusations and caused another Chernobyl? As that is exactly, and without question, what you just suggested...
If the Iranian government do not want to develop nuclear weapons, they should not be enriching uranium contrary to the agreements on that topic.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
If the Iranian government do not want to develop nuclear weapons, they should not be enriching uranium contrary to the agreements on that topic.
They never agreed not to enrich uranium, as is their legal right per the NPT...
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Napp; 6 days ago
Tommy4009
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If you've been watching the news lately you'll have seen that Iran has now begun messing with the UK, 'it comes after police in Gibraltar arrested the captain and chief officer of the detained Iranian Grace 1 supertanker accused of violating EU sanctions on Syria.

And on Wednesday, a Royal Navy frigate trained its guns on three Iranian boats seeking to force an oil tanker off its route.

The military clash took place late evening as the tanker was travelling through the Strait of Hormuz.

The threat level has been raised to critical in Iranian waters since Tuesday.

I don't know what Iran is thinking, but playing up with the US and then the UK is not a smart decision, they need to back off.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...6nD?li=BBoPWjQ
There’s nothing good on television these days so you’ve got to find entertainment somewhere
James2312
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If you've been watching the news lately you'll have seen that Iran has now begun messing with the UK, 'it comes after police in Gibraltar arrested the captain and chief officer of the detained Iranian Grace 1 supertanker accused of violating EU sanctions on Syria.

And on Wednesday, a Royal Navy frigate trained its guns on three Iranian boats seeking to force an oil tanker off its route.

The military clash took place late evening as the tanker was travelling through the Strait of Hormuz.

The threat level has been raised to critical in Iranian waters since Tuesday.

I don't know what Iran is thinking, but playing up with the US and then the UK is not a smart decision, they need to back off.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...6nD?li=BBoPWjQ
Two words.Donald Trump.The president in his infinite wisdom decided to rip up the Iranian nuclear agreement even though they were internationally agreed to be complying with it.He then unilaterally re-imposed sanctions on Iran designed to bring the country to it's knees economically.Shockingly when you break your side of a deal the other side gets slightly pissed off.This is what happens when America elects a moron into high office.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
mad mullahs = gollum

enriched uranium = preciousssssss

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/6984532736/hCD659181/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.74%
No I am happy with my course choice (506)
58.97%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.45%

Watched Threads