Solicitors letter for student finance Watch

MyMaths&chill
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I need a letter from a solicitor confirming my relationship status (separated, going through a divorce). Is there any advice available on where I can get one? I’m struggling to find a solicitor who’ll do it without managing the entire divorce, but that’s already been started and should actually be complete in the next few months (but not in time to send documents to student finance England before September)
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you receive single person discount from your local council for council tax? If you do then that is accepted as evidence by SFE (and is easier to get then a solicitor's letter)
MyMaths&chill
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I don’t live alone (and the council tax bill isn’t in my name)

I had last years council tax bill (ie showing I lived by myself then, after the civil partnership started and we’d already separated) but they rejected it because it isn’t this years
(Original post by PQ)
Do you receive single person discount from your local council for council tax? If you do then that is accepted as evidence by SFE (and is easier to get then a solicitor's letter)
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi there,

Do you have a tenancy/mortgage agreement in your name only? Do you have any utility bills in your name only? If you have both you can send this together with a covering letter explaining why you don't have the standard evidence i.e decree nisi/absolute with your name, customer reference number and it will be up to the assessor once received if their happy to accept this. Thanks, Claire
(Original post by MyMaths&chill)
I need a letter from a solicitor confirming my relationship status (separated, going through a divorce). Is there any advice available on where I can get one? I’m struggling to find a solicitor who’ll do it without managing the entire divorce, but that’s already been started and should actually be complete in the next few months (but not in time to send documents to student finance England before September)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.63%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.36%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.42%

Watched Threads